Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Belief And Humility

• Belief And Humility

Posted by Abdullah AbdulRahman on September 6, 2021 at 8:21 am

اسلام علیکم ورحمتہ اللہ وبرکاتہ

اب اگر مثلاً غامدی صاحب جیسا شخص کہ جنہوں نے اسلام کو اتنا بہترین سمجھا ہے اگر ان سے یہ بنیادی سوال پوچھا جائے کہ what if you are wrong that you are on right thing ۔۔۔۔۔۔

اگر وہ کہیں کہ شاید میں غلط پر ہوں تو کیا یہ ایمان(یقین) کے منافی نہیں اور اگر نا کہیں اس کو

مذہبی غرور نہیں کہا جائے گا کہ میں ہی ٹھیک ہوں یا اسلام ہی ٹھیک ہے؟

Faisal Haroon replied 2 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Belief And Humility

• Muzammil Chandio

Member September 6, 2021 at 10:00 am

Brother hassnat,i think we need to accept the basics of islam to enter in its peramter if we do the things we are consider as muslim

But about your question that if there is any academic things there will be so many arguments the main thing is that if we are wrong at a point we should leave that point and return to the starting point and accept that other one is right and accepts its point of view.

If nobody is doing such a thing then it may be considered as Takabur.

We are humans and full of human errors we are not the prophets that gain their Ilm directly from ALLAH we are gaining them from sunnah may be our way of thinking may be wrong may be right the main thing is that we are trying and in ALLAH’s sight it is best thing for the searching of truth.

I am not defending ghamdi sahib not refuting other ulama karam I’ve just shared my opinion,i may be wrong and might be right if you found my opinion wrong just point the thing i accepts yours if i found it sound and solid.

JazakALLAH

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member September 6, 2021 at 12:40 pm

Thanks for replying,and sorry for not making it clear,I am not saying about Ghamidi sahab’s perspectives,I used him as an example.Like if he is on wrong.If Islam is not a right religion,if he says ‘yes’.Maybe Islam may not be a right religion,if he says so, isn’t it against belief,in that way doesn’t person becomes agnostic if he says maybe Islam is not right.If he says no,Islam is a right religion,so isn’t that religious arrogance,that he thinks he is right and others are wrong.Like science, when people used to believe earth is at centre,but they said maybe we are wrong.So can a muslim say that maybe we are on wrong,maybe Islam is not right!,and still be a muslim?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 6, 2021 at 1:28 pm

The best any truth seeker can do is to put in the required effort with complete sincerity and form a belief on the basis of evidence. The next thing that’s required of a truth seeker is to remain humble, keep an open mind, and keep reevaluating his beliefs on the basis of any new information that comes his way. This approach is not against belief from any angle.

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member September 6, 2021 at 2:06 pm

So if a muslim say that for now according to the evidences which are in my knowledge Islam is right but maybe i am on wrong,maybe Islam is not the right religion?so would he still be a muslim or agnostic?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 6, 2021 at 2:45 pm

The evidences for the fundamental concepts of Islam are so strong that there’s no chance of them being proven wrong.

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member September 6, 2021 at 4:00 pm

The similar things other religions also say,i am asking on a comparative religious level?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 6, 2021 at 10:33 pm

I’m not sure how that relates to your original question, however you’re not compelled by any religion. Do your due diligence and form your own beliefs on the basis of evidence. You may want to start at the link below and ask any questions on this forum for any required clarifications. Then you can also investigate other religions in a similar way.

Discussion 1623

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register