Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Eve Created From The Ribs Of Adam

Tagged: ,

• Eve Created From The Ribs Of Adam

Posted by muhammad saad on September 9, 2021 at 1:54 am

It was narrated from ‘Ali that :

The Prophet said concerning the urine of a nursing infant: “Water should be sprinkled over the urine of a boy, and the urine of a girl should be washed.” Abul-Hasan bin Salamah said: “Ahmad bin Musa bin Ma’qil narrated to us that Abul-Yaman Al-Misri said: ‘I asked Shafi’i about the Hadith of the Prophet, “Water should be sprinkled over the urine of a baby boy, and the urine of a baby girl should be washed,” when the two types of water (urine) are the same. He said, “This is because the urine of the boy is of water and clay, but the urine of the girl is of flesh and blood.” Then he said to me: “Did you understand?” I said: “No.” He said: “When Allah the Most High created Adam, He created Eve (Hawwa’) from his short rib, so the boy’s urine is from water and clay, and the girl’s urine is from flesh and blood.” Then he said to me: “Did you understand?” I said: “Yes.” He said: “May Allah cause you benefit from this.”

حَدَّثَنَا حَوْثَرَةُ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ، وَمُحَمَّدُ بْنُ سَعِيدِ بْنِ يَزِيدَ بْنِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ، قَالاَ حَدَّثَنَا مُعَاذُ بْنُ هِشَامٍ، أَنْبَأَنَا أَبِي، عَنْ قَتَادَةَ، عَنْ أَبِي حَرْبِ بْنِ أَبِي الأَسْوَدِ الدِّيلِيِّ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ عَلِيٍّ، أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ قَالَ فِي بَوْلِ الرَّضِيعِ ‏”‏ يُنْضَحُ بَوْلُ الْغُلاَمِ وَيُغْسَلُ بَوْلُ الْجَارِيَةِ ‏”‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ أَبُو الْحَسَنِ بْنُ سَلَمَةَ حَدَّثَنَا أَحْمَدُ بْنُ مُوسَى بْنِ مَعْقِلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو الْيَمَانِ الْمِصْرِيُّ، قَالَ سَأَلْتُ الشَّافِعِيَّ عَنْ حَدِيثِ النَّبِيِّ، ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ ‏”‏ يُرَشُّ مِنْ بَوْلِ الْغُلاَمِ وَيُغْسَلُ مِنْ بَوْلِ الْجَارِيَةِ ‏”‏ ‏.‏ وَالْمَاءَانِ جَمِيعًا وَاحِدٌ قَالَ لأَنَّ بَوْلَ الْغُلاَمِ مِنَ الْمَاءِ وَالطِّينِ وَبَوْلَ الْجَارِيَةِ مِنَ اللَّحْمِ وَالدَّمِ ‏.‏ ثُمَّ قَالَ لِي فَهِمْتَ أَوْ قَالَ لَقِنْتَ قَالَ قُلْتُ لاَ ‏.‏ قَالَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ تَعَالَى لَمَّا خَلَقَ آدَمَ خُلِقَتْ حَوَّاءُ مِنْ ضِلَعِهِ الْقَصِيرِ فَصَارَ بَوْلُ الْغُلاَمِ مِنَ الْمَاءِ وَالطِّينِ وَصَارَ بَوْلُ الْجَارِيَةِ مِنَ اللَّحْمِ وَالدَّمِ ‏.‏ قَالَ قَالَ لِي فَهِمْتَ قُلْتُ نَعَمْ ‏.‏ قَالَ لِي نَفَعَكَ اللَّهُ بِهِ ‏.‏

Grade: Hasan (Darussalam)

Reference : Sunan Ibn Majah 525

In-book reference : Book 1, Hadith 259

English translation : Vol. 1, Book 1, Hadith 525

now please explain this hadees please according to ghamadi saab stance eve not created from Adam rib please explain this hadees it is weakening my faith

muhammad saad replied 2 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Eve Created From The Ribs Of Adam

• muhammad saad

Member September 9, 2021 at 2:03 am

sorry due to internet issue in my area i had ask the question twice please delete the second one

• Faraz Siddiqui

Member September 9, 2021 at 7:41 am

Brother the story of Eve created from rib is mentioned in Genesis, book of torah

From here it found its way in Islamic traditions probably by some Ahl e kitaab accepting Islam. Creation of Adam is mentioned in 6-7 places is quran and this fact is never mentioned. Isn’t that enough to accept that this notion of creation of Eve from Adam’s rib is false

Now we know that there’s no difference in male or female baby’s urine. There’s no clay or flesh in urine so this also proves that the subject matter of this Hadith is wrong. Isnad may have been true but the subject matter and Isnad are 2 different things. Hadith can’t be accepted if either is proven to be wrong. Both, subject matter and Isnad, have to true for the Hadith to be regarded as true.

• muhammad saad

Member September 9, 2021 at 8:49 am

thanks brother god bless you

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register