Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Effectiveness Of Supplication (Dua)

Tagged: 

• Effectiveness Of Supplication (Dua)

Posted by Umair Ahmed on September 9, 2021 at 8:52 am

Assalam u Alaikum!

My roommate raised an argument.He said that he has been praying Tahajjud continuously without any break for 5 years.He asks from Allah to increase his wealth as they are really poor.His condition hasn’t improved a single bit.He asked the validity of Tahajjud,

Q)He said why it is said that Allah says:”is there anyone that will ask so that I may give him/her.”

Q)If something is bound to happen for the good of someone/the ultimate good,what’s the point of Tahajjud?

Q) Sometimes a person really wants a specific thing and not something else,no matter if it’s more good.

Q)Can’t Allah give us what we want and also make that particular thing good for both of our Dunya and Akhira?

Q)If our Duas are stored for Akhira/or Akhira is real life then why Allah says ask from me,I will answer.Even a Tahajjud continuously prayed is left unanswered.

Deleted User 7113 replied 2 years, 7 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Effectiveness Of Supplication (Dua)

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 9, 2021 at 9:17 am

Dua (supplication) is our expression of dependence upon the Almighty God.

While there are many factors in the resolution of a dua in our preferred manner, including our own effort in achieving such a resolution, one must understand that dua is not a guarantee that we will definitely achieve what we’re seeking. God has destined certain things for us without any dua, while He has conditionally destined other things as a result of us asking Him.

Moreover, if a person continues to sincerely ask God while still making the required effort, our collective experience tells us that at some point in the future we either achieve our desired results or we ourselves get to realize the divine wisdom behind not achieving what we were asking for.

For more details as well as videos with Ghamidi sahab’s perspective in regards to dua, please see:

Discussion 50528 • Reply 50550

• Saiyed juned Alimiya

Member September 9, 2021 at 9:17 am

Ibadat ka main aim nafs ki pakizgi he, health & wealth ke liye nahi he, baaki duniya asbaab par he, duwa karni chahiye

• Deleted User 7113

Member September 10, 2021 at 12:29 am

Allah had said in Quran, (translation): you may like something but it’s bad for you and you may dislike something but it’s good for you. Allah knows and you don’t. Secondly Allah is not bound to your dua. He gives you according to his wisdom. Thirdly, it’s Allah’s right that one should ask him and it’s duty of us to ask him. If he gives everything what we ask then we might fall into trouble as those things may not be good for us.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register