Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Science Quran 31:34-Only Allah Knows What Is Inside The Womb Of Mother

Tagged: ,

• Quran 31:34-Only Allah Knows What Is Inside The Womb Of Mother

Posted by Umair Ahmed on September 11, 2021 at 5:35 am

Assalam u Alaikum to all!

It is written here that “ONLY” Allah knows what is inside the womb of mother.Now we know the gender and even the genetic coding and chromosomal structure.We know practically everything.How then this berse vefits the recent scientific advancements.

Muhammad Shoaib replied 2 weeks, 6 days ago 10 Members · 24 Replies
  • 24 Replies
  • Quran 31:34-Only Allah Knows What Is Inside The Womb Of Mother

Muhammad Shoaib updated 2 weeks, 6 days ago 10 Members · 24 Replies
  • Talha Mujahid

Member September 11, 2021 at 7:47 am

It is not about the gender of newborn baby. It is fate of that baby which only Allah knows. As mostly scholar interpret this ayah in this way.

• Umair Ahmed

Member September 11, 2021 at 1:57 pm

Hhhmmm yes,makes sense.

Jazak Allah 😇😇😇

• Deleted User 7113

Member September 11, 2021 at 1:27 pm

Those who talk about like this don’t know medicine completely. One should know that genetic sex and phenotypical sex may be different. Genetics is very complex science and can’t be described in such easy way. There are two things genes penetration and genes expression. Hence even knowing genetic make up, one can’t say what will be outcome. I always tell my patients that if two identical twins have same infection, and treated with same medicine, the outcome may be different. One may get better second day and other may take a week etc. Scientific predictions are never 100% true. I can describe so many personal incidences that one will be surprised.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 11, 2021 at 5:21 pm

Please read the verse again with patience and without any preconceived notions. Where does it say in words that only God knows what’s in the wombs?

• Umair Ahmed

Member September 12, 2021 at 11:41 am

Because it is written that it is Allah that sends down the rain(ofcourse that means He only because we know no one else does)this is followed by that He knows what is in the wombs(this sentence structure would only show this that Allah knows what’s inside the wombs)

• Muhammad Shoaib

Member April 13, 2024 at 1:11 pm

Mr Faisal Haroon you wrote wrong interpretation of the verse there are 5 things that are only known to Allah

What is in the womb means what is the taqdeer of that boy or a girl can anyone come to know by any means these 4 things which were narrated by Hazarat Anas.

Prophet SAW said life span , sustenence good or bad his rizq all these things come under the umbrella of what is in the womb no science can identify by using any tecnology these things except Allah

So the conclusion is, in the begining of the verse it is written Surely Allah alone has the knowledge no one else has and the word Allah alone is uaed for all the 5 things enumurated in the verse.

• Mohammad Akmal

Member September 12, 2021 at 12:00 pm

I quote one incidence and that may explain this verse .

Omer bin Khattaab was looking for a Qazi . In the meeting one person said that such and such person is good for this job. Omer asked do you know him. He replied that he prays 5 times a day so I think he is a godly guy.

Omaer asked him did you ever travelled with him Reply was NO. Omer asked did you do buiseness with him he replied no again Omer said so you know nothing about him. Just like knowing the gender of the baby means nothing. There are millions of questions attached the ayah, ONLY ALLAH KNOWS ABOUT HIM OR HER. Knowing gender is a very minuscule part of the personality.

When you marry do you just want to know about the gender of your souse.

Thanks for asking this good question. Jazzak Allah

• Umair Ahmed

Member September 12, 2021 at 4:07 pm

Jazak Allah.I got your point!

• Ahmed Habib

Member September 16, 2021 at 9:19 am

Bro even now! Ultrasounds make mistake ! Hap-penned with my own cousin 😂

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 12, 2021 at 12:50 pm

@Umair Ahmed

Before we infer anything from the context, we should pay close attention to the words of the Quran. Instead of contradicting science, this verse should serve as further confirmation that the only author of the Quran could be God who knew the future 1400 years earlier as is evident by His usage of the word only where it’s still applicable.

• Umair Ahmed

Member September 19, 2021 at 12:50 pm

Hhhmm,I understood.I sat with an Arabic language tutor and he explained your point.I was mesmerised by this too.

• Mohammad Asim

Member September 19, 2021 at 2:09 pm

Excellent conversation 👍 Yes, one brother has very valid point regarding taking word “only” there are many synonyms to this word, you can use those as for your or anyone understanding.

Other explanations I will be able to express only if I knew what sura and verse it is? Can anyone tell what sura & verse @thesuperumair is referring to? Thanks

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 19, 2021 at 6:22 pm

It’s in the title of this post.

• Mohammad Asim

Member September 19, 2021 at 7:49 pm

I am sorry, but only I see number 34, I couldn’t figure. Sura luqman verse 34.

Allah (alone),(only) knows the future. Allah referencing example of current modern, world of science time, where we base ourselves dependent on future predictions e.g what is weather like tomorrow , is it gonna rain? Am I having baby boy, baby girl? What will be his/her future be like. Allah expressing message to human kind that Depend on Allah, have (tawaqul), we mankind depending on modern time & technology, don’t be mistaken,

Alone he (only) knows.

What Allah does is, better for us.

• Ahmed Habib

Member September 19, 2021 at 7:53 pm

Alone is inly mentioned for knowledhe of the hour, death place and earning!! But for wombs it is in context of good and bad! But it nevers mention alone for wombs!!

• Mohammad Asim

Member September 19, 2021 at 8:04 pm

Nope! Nothing to do with good or bad. Again if we are bringing in good or bad that is futuristic prediction (hypothetical).

Context is “future knowledge” within this, context womb used as an example.

For instance this is just you to help in understanding. Allah is expressing concern that, don’t make unjust, sinful decisions based upon on ours future predictions.

• muhammad saad

Member November 2, 2021 at 11:21 am

@thesuperumair brother i had same question that is bothering me please guide if you got the answer .i will be thankful to you. “ONLY” Allah knows what is inside the womb of mother.Now we know the gender and even the genetic coding and chromosomal structure.We know practically everything.How then this verse befits the recent scientific advancements.”

• Ahmed Habib

Member November 2, 2021 at 11:24 am

Brother which translations are h seeing i dont see the world “only” in any translation! It is written Allah knows what is in the wombs

• muhammad saad

Member November 2, 2021 at 11:27 am

@Conqueror got your point brother .thanks for help

• Ahmed Habib

Member November 2, 2021 at 11:31 am

Even nowadays there are cases reported where birth of a boy was predicted but a girl was born! I know some people

• muhammad saad

Member November 2, 2021 at 11:34 am

yes i agree it happens.

• Umer

Moderator November 3, 2021 at 1:18 am

For comments of Ghamidi Sahab, please refer to the video below from 4:21 to 7:23

https://youtu.be/Ca3eJZ3h7dc?t=261

• muhammad saad

Member November 3, 2021 at 3:34 am

@UmerQureshi brother thanks alot.

• muhammad saad

Member November 3, 2021 at 3:52 am

Convincing anwer

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register