Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia The Compulsory Parts Of Prayers To Be Recited In Arabic

Tagged: , ,

• The Compulsory Parts Of Prayers To Be Recited In Arabic

Posted by Najia Nazir on July 12, 2020 at 11:59 am

During the fourth session for the youth, Dr. Shehzad Saleem suggested that apart from 5 compulsory adhkar and times that bind us to only the taught Arabic recitation, the other parts of Namaz can be offered in one’s native language as a dedicated prayer to feel close and engaged with Allah.

The five compulsory parts are

1 Allahu Akbar

2.Fatiha

3.Surah that follows Fatiha

4. Sami Allahu Liman Hamida

5 Assalamualaikum wa Rahmatullah

Though I really appreciate this new insight, I need more clarity and reference . Is the recitation of At Tahiyat and Durood e Ibrahimi also not compulsory? The Shahadah that culminates At tahiyaat, is it also not a compulsory part of the original prayer?

These are the questions that my children and I have been contemplating. If I have missed any point here, I will appreciate if I receive any further information.

Umer replied 3 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • The Compulsory Parts Of Prayers To Be Recited In Arabic

Umer updated 3 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • $ohail T@hir

Moderator July 12, 2020 at 12:44 pm

Thank you @Najnaz

@UmerQureshi bhai if you can address this. It was posted on whatsapp, I asked @Najnaz to post on AG.

• $ohail T@hir

Moderator July 12, 2020 at 12:49 pm
  • $ohail T@hir

Moderator July 12, 2020 at 12:49 pm
  • Umer

Moderator July 13, 2020 at 12:18 am

Asslamulaikum!

I think these videos posted by Sohail sahab pretty much cover everything.

If there is still any ambiguity, please do let us know.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 13, 2020 at 3:12 am

Umer bhai what about this?

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Qur’an is recited in every prayer and in those prayers in which Allah’s Apostle recited aloud for us, we recite aloud in the same prayers for you; and the prayers in which the Prophet recited quietly, we recite quietly. If you recite “Al-Fatiha” only it is sufficient but if you recite something else in addition, it is better.

• Umer

Moderator July 13, 2020 at 4:38 am

In the first part, Abu Huraira (rta) talked about both forms of Salah, i.e. where Quran is recited both loudly and silently. However, in the last statement, there is no distinction which prayer he is talking about, but we know, in Johri Salah (aloud Salah), one can opt both options of reciting Fatiha with the Imam or choose to listen to it only (latter seems more sensible though). It is my understanding, that Abu Huraira (rta) was referring to his preference for Johri Salah (aloud Salah). He was not presenting it as a religious notion, but rather something he likes to do and encourages others to do as well.

The discussion "The Compulsory Parts Of Prayers To Be Recited In Arabic" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now