Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Science Are Quran 21:33 And 36:38 Saying That Sun Orbits The Earth?

Tagged: 

• Are Quran 21:33 And 36:38 Saying That Sun Orbits The Earth?

Posted by Ahmed Habib on September 19, 2021 at 1:00 pm

Is 21:33 and 36:38 referring that sun and moon orbit the earth! I heard Ghamidi sir on this!! But i couldn’t get the proper understanding please! It was so easy that it could have mentioned one more word” earth” but it doesn’t there are so many ayat regarding sun moon day night! But these orbits with day and night in the ayat makes it feel that its saying so!! It can also include “earth” but i am confused!

Ahmed Habib replied 2 years, 7 months ago 4 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Are Quran 21:33 And 36:38 Saying That Sun Orbits The Earth?

Ahmed Habib updated 2 years, 7 months ago 4 Members · 12 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 19, 2021 at 7:11 pm

Just pickup the Quran and see for your own self. You can also refer to several different translations which are easily accessible. 1400 years ago the Quran is telling you that each one of the celestial bodies are orbiting in their own orbits. These verses should give you deeper faith in the Quran rather then causing any confusion.

• Ahmed Habib

Member September 19, 2021 at 7:50 pm

Will that include the earth as well! Because Quran never says earth is stagnant! 2 3 ayat presented by molvis in this manner were nonsense as they were indicating that Allah has made it comfortable to live means balancing and etc! If we include the earth in “kullun” it becomes totally miraculous to modern age!?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 19, 2021 at 9:04 pm

Are you asking a question about these verses? I’m sorry but I can’t comprehend what you’re trying to say there.

• Ahmed Habib

Member September 20, 2021 at 1:59 am

Yes i am asking a question!! That will the word ” kullun” include the earth as well?

• Saad Aamir

Member September 20, 2021 at 3:39 am

@faisalharoon

He is asking about this verse:

“And He is the One Who created the day and the night, the sun and the moon—each travelling in an orbit. (21:33)”

That, is the earth included in the “each/kullun”? That, is the Qur’an also saying that earth is among the things that are travelling in an orbit? I guess the issue is that since it’s not clearly mentioning earth travelling in an orbit as well, Brother Ahmed thinks that the Qur’an is proposing a geocentric model with the earth not moving at all.

• Ahmed Habib

Member September 20, 2021 at 5:03 am

Please help me out i m losing faith and severe distress!!

• Dawar Hussain

Moderator September 20, 2021 at 5:45 am

وَ ہُوَ الَّذِیۡ خَلَقَ الَّیۡلَ وَ النَّہَارَ وَ الشَّمۡسَ وَ الۡقَمَرَ ؕ کُلٌّ فِیۡ فَلَکٍ یَّسۡبَحُوۡنَ ﴿۳۳﴾

21:33 (From Al Bayan)

حقیقت یہ ہے کہ وہی ہے جس نے رات اور دن بنائے اور سورج اور چاند کو پیدا کیا ہے۔ اِن میں سے ہر ایک (اپنے) ایک مدار میں گردش کر رہا [214] ہے۔

214 یہ اِس بات کی طرف توجہ دلائی ہے کہ کوئی ایک دوسرے سے نہیں ٹکراتا، بلکہ ٹھیک اُس قانون کے مطابق گردش کرتا رہتا ہے جو اُس ہستی نے اُس کے لیے مقرر کر دیا ہے، جس کے ہاتھ میں اُس کی باگ ہے اور جو کائنات کے مجموعی مفاد کے لیے اُس کو مسخر کیے ہوئے ہے۔

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmJpHFF50sg (Ghamidi Sb)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1O2vHfTvIY (Ghamidi Sb)

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 20, 2021 at 8:48 am

@Ahmed Habib

Please see Dawar sahab’s response above. There’s no reason to feel distressed without properly investigating a matter. There are several verses and concepts in the Quran that are difficult to understand. However, once a person spends enough time and effort to investigate them, things become clear.

• Dawar Hussain

Moderator September 20, 2021 at 8:43 pm

@Ahmed Habib – Please see full program, one of the above videos is taken from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3K2ouY9_G0

• Ahmed Habib

Member September 20, 2021 at 8:51 pm

Brother i watched this entire program! Detractors of islam argue that since day and night are mentioned before so it is referring to orbiting the earth! I need answer of this question! Where as i feel that since Quran is for all times so we can include earth in word “kullun” as we know that it moves and there is no ayat in Quran declaring it to be static! Actually i am bit confused in science observation and ayat! Did u get my question?

• Dawar Hussain

Moderator September 21, 2021 at 6:23 am

@Ahmed Habib,

In the above 20min Ustaz Ghamidi Sb’s video with Hassan Bhai

Ghamidi sb from 4min says (i copied subtitles here)…………………In the same way the earth sky and heavenly bodies have been mentioned in the verse ‘kullun fi falakin yasbahun’ i.e., ‘all are swimming in their orbits’ these kinds of statements are found in the Quran. We must understand context of why they are being mentioned. As far as my knowledge of Quran goes, having had the privilege to write a complete and detailed explanation of Quran after having worked for years on the same, nowhere has a single reference been made in the Quran where it has mentioned that the earth is stationary or not in motion. This is not the subject of the Quran, on the contrary the opposite viewpoint of it is stated……………Ghamidi Sahab at 4:40min

PLEASE perhaps listen again full 20min video with Hassan Bhai above. For me seems like Ghamidi Sahab has answered your question but I think you still are not satisfied with it or it’s not complete. Maybe ask directly from Ghamidi Sb on Ask Ghamidi Live (occurs every month’s last Sunday I think), if you prefer? Sorry, I couldn’t be of much help here.

• Ahmed Habib

Member September 21, 2021 at 3:03 pm

Sir can i contact u on whatsapp?

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register