Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Performing Wudu

Tagged: 

• Performing Wudu

Posted by Haseeb Faisal on September 30, 2021 at 11:02 am

Asalamoalaikum,

1. Is rubbing required in wudu and ghusl or is it sufficient for the water to reach appropriate parts of the body? For example, between fingers or toes?

2. If a part of my body comes into contact with my faucet whilst I make wudu (e.g., arm, leg, etc.), do I have to restart wudu?

JazakAllah

Haseeb Faisal replied 2 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 16 Replies
  • 16 Replies
  • Performing Wudu

Haseeb Faisal updated 2 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 16 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 1, 2021 at 5:28 am

Normally the way we wash is what is required in Wudu, nothing special.

touching anything which is not filth, does not affect your washing.

When there are no special or specific instructions, we need not to go for specifications. It makes thing unnecessarily difficult for us.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member October 2, 2021 at 2:50 pm

JazakAllah Dr. Shahzad! So just to confirm I don’t need any rubbing? And my other question is, if I do wudu after washing my hands with soap and I taste this soap while rinsing my mouth, will my wudu be valid? Because I heard that clean, uncontaminated and pure water must be used.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 2, 2021 at 11:24 pm

You need to rub for extra washing it is normal washing

Water doesn’t turn contaminated when it touches your body unless you wash some filth with it.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member October 2, 2021 at 11:27 pm

JazakAllah Dr. Irfan Shahzad. Really sorry for the same question, but normal washing does not include rubbing, correct? I’m just a bit confused.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member October 2, 2021 at 11:33 pm

And if I choose to rub, am I free to do that?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 4, 2021 at 5:19 am

No need to sorry.

Normal washing needs not to describe. It is what it is. We rub hands a little in washing.if you want to run you can.

Let me tell a principle. When an injunction is with particulars , you should not go for particulars. Going into minute details is not the aim of religion. If religion had given the particulars, most of the people won’t be able to follow it. Islam keeps things natural and simple.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member October 4, 2021 at 12:43 pm

JazakAllah Dr. Irfan Shahzad. That makes a lot of sense!

I know you said it is best not to go into particulars, but there a couple things that are really bothering me in the past week or two.

1. I get really worried about applying lotion on my face, or hair spray in my hair. My fear is that the water will not reach the necessary parts during wudu. But refraining from these activities affects my grooming.

2. I know you said that water doesn’t get contaminated unless there is filth. But sometimes I taste soap in my mouth when I am rinsing during wudu. I am worried that the soap contains pig (but I do not know for sure) and this puts me in doubt if my wudu and prayer will even be accepted.

I would really appreciate it if you can touch on these points. I am very thankful to you for clarifying the points above. May Allah bless you!

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 4, 2021 at 8:15 pm

If it is mentioned on the products you mentioned that they had anything Haram in them only then you need to bother, if not, then not. But the important thing is that pig or alcohol etc are Haram for eating only, any ingredient of them used in some product to use on body is allowed. They are not like filth.

Lotion or oil are not the thing which prevent wanter to reach the body.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member October 4, 2021 at 8:21 pm

Okay JazakAllah! So if my soap contains pig and I swallow the soap by accident, there is no problem? Because I am not it for eating purposes. Or if it gets in my mouth while I rinse my mouth.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member December 12, 2021 at 5:24 pm

Also Dr. Irfan Shahzad, I read somewhere that someone wrote a little bit of mucus on the face does not change the nature of water. But if I have lotion all over my face or oil all over my head, wouldn’t the nature of water change based on the above logic? What are your thoughts? JazakAllah and sorry for overwhelming you with so many questions!

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 6, 2021 at 8:15 am

You spit it out. No harm on accidental intake.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member October 6, 2021 at 1:14 pm

JazakAllah Dr. Shahzad! I just want to ask you a last question, if that’s okay. Is it sufficient for me to spit it out just once, or do I have to keep spitting until I can no longer taste the soap in my mouth?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 12, 2021 at 11:27 pm

This is what you need to decide.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member December 12, 2021 at 11:43 pm

Okay, I will keep that in mind. JazakAllah.

I asked this question above, in case you have the time to answer:

“Also Dr. Irfan Shahzad, I read somewhere that someone wrote a little bit of mucus on the face does not change the nature of water. But if I have lotion all over my face or oil all over my head, wouldn’t the nature of water change based on the above logic? What are your thoughts? JazakAllah and sorry for overwhelming you with so many questions!”

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 15, 2021 at 12:40 am

we are obliged to wash our face and body. no matter what is on them. if a thing like pant is there, which stops water, even then, there is no harm. just wash the parts and your wudu and Ghusal is done.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member December 15, 2021 at 1:31 pm

JazakAllah Dr. Irfan Shahzad. Sometimes I spend half an hour doing ghusl and I doubt whether water reached a certain portion of my body, such as under my chin. Do you think I should ignore this? And do I need to pay specific attention to some parts of my body, like belly button, rear and between toes, or can I assume water has reached there?

And you are saying that water will even penetrate the pants and wash the body, correct?

JazakAllah

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register