Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Donation Related Confusion, Open Discussion For All

• Donation Related Confusion, Open Discussion For All

Posted by Usama Ahmed on July 12, 2020 at 2:14 pm

Aoa, I have shortlisted two options for charity contributions/donations.

1. Make a donation to a religious institute/Masjid solely because its sort of Sadqa-e-Jaria & due to the prevailing perception that whenever someone will get benefited, the donator will be rewarded (could be very long lasting). Eg on the official page of Ghamidi.org the contribution statement for the AskGhamidi app reads “every time someone uses the app, you get a reward that’s worth it’s weight in gold”

2. Assist individuals/Families who are in debt, financial distress (& other financial issues) due to meagre income sources. The reason is I think humanity comes first, Human life is worth more. What good is the contribution to masjids when my fellow beings are in under intense sufferings.

Now the issue arises if someone has a limited budget for contribution, which of the two options is more worthy in terms of virtue (sawab). On one hand its ever lasting sawab and on the other you assist some and get ajar (which may not be long term).

Thanks

Usama Ahmed replied 3 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register