Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia When Should One Raise The Hands During Takbeeratul Ihram?

Tagged: ,

• When Should One Raise The Hands During Takbeeratul Ihram?

Haseeb Faisal updated 2 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator October 7, 2021 at 4:44 am

There’s no such compulsion, just don’t delay these two too much because saying of Takbeer and raising of hands are an obligatory parts to begin one’s Salah.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member October 10, 2021 at 6:14 pm

JazakAllah for your help!

• Haseeb Faisal

Member November 14, 2021 at 8:37 pm

I forgot to ask, do palms have to be pointing outwards and reaching the ears, or is any variation of raising the hands okay? Because different people seem to raise their hands in different ways. JazakAllah!

• Umer

Moderator November 15, 2021 at 4:15 am

The only condition is raf al-yadayn (raising high both hands); as long as hands are being rasied to start the Salah, the Salah is valid. There’s no fixed point where hands are supposeed to reach at all times.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member November 21, 2021 at 6:02 pm

JazakAllah! So, I’ve heard some people say that palms should be faced outwards, but if they’re faced to the side (like in a karate chop), is this also fine? Because you clarified that only raising both hands high is required? Just wanted to confirm for my satisfaction.

• Umer

Moderator November 22, 2021 at 12:28 am

Salah would still be valid.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member January 28, 2022 at 1:32 pm

I know Mr. Umer Qureshi already clarified here that as long as the hands are raised high, Takbeeratul Ihram has been performed. But something else that the imam mentioned today is that ‘most’ scholars say the thumbs will be touching the ears during this action?

Does this claim have any basis – as in, do most scholars say this and is touching the ears significant in any way during Takbeeratul Ihram? JazakAllah.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register