Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Silent Rakahs Reciting Quran

Tagged: , , ,

• Silent Rakahs Reciting Quran

• Umer

Moderator October 7, 2021 at 1:16 pm

It is not a matter of ijma and tawatur, it is a simple matter of Akhbar-i-ahad and those narrations themselves are not very concrete in their meaning.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 7, 2021 at 1:18 pm

I don’t see how this isn’t a piece of knowledge that has been transmitted en Masse generation by generation. How did you learn that you recite fatiha in the last rakah? Your parents and their parents etc etc. This is the exact same argument Ghamidi sahab uses for all other matters of tawatur so why doesn’t it apply here? There is full ijma on this as for tawatur you’d have to consult old fiqh books I guess. Has there ever been any ikhtelaf on this matter?

• Umer

Moderator October 7, 2021 at 1:37 pm

To the best of my knowledge, it is based on Ahad and not on ijma and tawatur. And there are narrations on both practices.

May be Irfan Sahab (@Irfan76 ) can shed further light on the matter.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 10, 2021 at 4:03 am

This is Ijtihad of some Fuqaha to not to recited a portion of Quran in the thrid and fourth rakaat of Fard prayer, and it is not an agreed upon practice. What we are taught is of the opinion adopted in Hanafid and Maliki school, while the followers of Shafi’i recite a portion of Quran in all three or four rakaat, hence, there is not Ijama and Tawatur on reciting no Quran in the third and fourth rakaat.

One is justified to think that the thrid and fourth rakaat should be the same as the first two.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register