Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Hadith On Camel Urine And Strict Punishment Given To The Murderers Of Shepherd

• Hadith On Camel Urine And Strict Punishment Given To The Murderers Of Shepherd

Posted by Mubeena Imtiaz on October 13, 2021 at 11:01 pm

Sahih al-Bukhari 5686

Narrated Anas:

The climate of Medina did not suit some people, so the Prophet (ﷺ) ordered them to follow his shepherd, i.e. his camels, and drink their milk and urine (as a medicine). So they followed the shepherd that is the camels and drank their milk and urine till their bodies became healthy. Then they killed the shepherd and drove away the camels. When the news reached the Prophet (ﷺ) he sent some people in their pursuit. When they were brought, he cut their hands and feet and their eyes were branded with heated pieces of iron.

What is the significance of this hadith? Why would a Prophet cut hands and brutally treat any human?

Umer replied 2 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Hadith On Camel Urine And Strict Punishment Given To The Murderers Of Shepherd

Umer updated 2 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • Dawar Hussain

Moderator October 13, 2021 at 11:08 pm

Please refer to Hassan Ilyas Sb response to this Hadith in the videos below.

Both in English and Urdu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lwIay5QGic

• Mubeena Imtiaz

Member October 13, 2021 at 11:19 pm

Okay I understand that the first part was misunderstanding of the language used. What about this section?

“When they were brought, he cut their hands and feet and their eyes were branded with heated pieces of iron.”

• Ahsan

Moderator October 14, 2021 at 12:56 am

In that narration it is mentioned that those people killed the shephered

• Mubeena Imtiaz

Member October 14, 2021 at 1:02 am

They killed the shepherd, in return the Prophet cut their hand and feet and branded their eyes with heated iron? Doesn’t this sound too brutal?

Why couldn’t he announce a death Penalty for those people instead of this torture?

I’m failing to comprehend this, I really don’t believe a Prophet could announce such harsh punishment.

Is this hadith even reliable?

• Umer

Moderator October 14, 2021 at 6:02 pm

It is very hard to give absolute statement from a single event reported by a narrator, but when seen in the light of Quran, and if the event has been reported correctly to some extent, the Punishment seems to be in accordance with Muharabah Verses (Fasad-Fil-Arz) i.e. “to amputate their hands and feet from opposite sides“. Details regarding Muharabah (Fasad-Fil-Arz) can be seen here:

Discussion 27167

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register