Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Is It Mandatory To Get A Fatwa?

• Is It Mandatory To Get A Fatwa?

Posted by Sohaib Khan on October 15, 2021 at 2:43 pm

Is it mandatory to get a ruling from a scholar? In today’s time when you can have all the information on your fingertips in the form of books or online available videos of different scholars. If one wants to follow a particular opinion based on the understanding of the scholar he follows can he do that without even contacting that scholar? I mean to say that as long as the ruling shared online is detailed and he is comfortable with the opinion as well.

Sohaib Khan replied 2 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Is It Mandatory To Get A Fatwa?

Sohaib Khan updated 2 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator October 15, 2021 at 3:05 pm

For comments of Ghamidi Sahab, please refer to the video below from 35:38 to 41:38

https://youtu.be/gAMVgVO0kEw?t=2138

• Sohaib Khan

Member October 15, 2021 at 4:56 pm

Divorce procedure of Jaffari school of thought is totally based on the interpretation of the Quran. They don’t consider a divorce valid if it goes against the single clause of details as mentioned in the Quran. Does anyone have any take on the issue why we don’t follow this opinion as clearly according to Ghamidi Sahab and other scholars of our school we should not be following anything that goes against the teaching of quran. The divorce procedure and it’s validity of Jaffari (Ashari) school of thought is totally based on the instructions given by Quran?

• Sohaib Khan

Member October 15, 2021 at 5:22 pm

I have few other questions as well, I would appreciate your replies. According to Quran and Sunnah are there any other phrases or words that are “Sareeh” for divorce to execute. Also does the geography or culture has any impact on that e.g there are people in Pakistan who says that the word “Azad” (free) is explicit in nature and if someone uses the word in a phrase divorce happens even if he has not intended anything.

• Umer

Moderator October 16, 2021 at 1:57 pm

Shoaib Sahab, I would love to answer your queries or refer them to our Scholars, if needed. But as per AG’s code of conduct, we only allow one question per topic and follow-up questions directly related to that primary question. It helps us achieve uniformity and an organized catalogue for furture references. Since your follow-up questions are not directly related to the primary question regarding fatwa in general, I would request you to please post these questions separately so they can be addressed appropriately.

• Sohaib Khan

Member October 16, 2021 at 3:44 pm

JazzakAllah brother!! Will do!! I apologize for this, I’ll keep them in mind going forward.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register