Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Permissibility Of Watching Movie That Contains Vulgar Scenes

Tagged: , ,

• Permissibility Of Watching Movie That Contains Vulgar Scenes

Posted by Mohammed Zubair Alam on October 17, 2021 at 10:31 am

Is it permissible to watch those movies along with such scenes until and unless I am not acting upon those things.

I think it’s discourage or disliked but not a sin cause nowdays everywhere including road, news these things have become common and also we do see many bad things in news and everywhere.

According to me until and unless my actions are good and I’m mature enough not to get affected by watching movies which contain such scenes then it’s alright.

Mohammed Zubair Alam replied 2 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Permissibility Of Watching Movie That Contains Vulgar Scenes

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 18, 2021 at 12:55 am
  • Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member October 18, 2021 at 2:52 am

I am not satisfied with the answers yet cause there are many movies which shows characters worshipping idols and also there are many movies which shows wrong acts which is forbidden in Islam even vulgar scenes too.

My question is if the content of the movie or moral is good then is haram to watch cause I’m also mature enough and I’m watching the movie just to have fun but not to get affected by watching it then what’s wrong in this?.

• Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member October 20, 2021 at 7:56 am

Can I get a reply @UmerQureshi

• Umer

Moderator October 20, 2021 at 4:16 pm

It is the same Sadd-e-Zaria principle for both watching movies containing polytheistic acts and vulgar scenes. Yes, we shouldn’t put ‘Haram’ tag on everything, however, it’s a slippery slope. So we should be careful where we tread, as Allah clearly says to not even go near Zina, so we should pay heed to this directive because as I’ve said, it’s a slippery slope and therefore, our sensitivities should be high as a Muslim, when it comes to matters even slightly or indirectly indicative of Zina.

• Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member October 21, 2021 at 1:15 am

Okay understood. But I still think that senstivity , maturity, enviroment also how a mind of a particular person work depends.Cause when I was a kid I have watched animation movies like :- mahabharata , little krishna, ramayana.

But I was taught that these things are not real and just a story . So I have watched those movies, cartoons only in a form of story but I’ve never got affected as I always knew these things are just story and nothing real.

According to me sensitivity , enviroment, how a person grew up everything matters. There might be some person who can get affected just by talking to a hindu/christian too because of his background ,mindset, and also how he grew up.

Also I think going near of these things also varies from person to person.

Lastly, Allah knows best.

• Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member October 23, 2021 at 10:34 am

Can I have opinion of anyone on this.

• ودود

Member October 23, 2021 at 6:20 pm

When we watch movies we gain a lot of knowledge about diverse cultures, belief systems, including how men and women interact. We also enjoy the story and humor as entertainment. Quran gives us a principle to decide whether it’s ok or not to do any such things that have both good and evil elements.

The principle is to apply your judgement to weigh pros and cons – if the cons are less than the pros you can do it and if it’s other way round you should not do it. However, even if your judgement is wrong, no sin will be recorded in your account until and unless your act has resulted in any injustice to anyone.

• Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member October 24, 2021 at 12:14 am

I agree with you.🙌🏻

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register