Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Sunnah And Ghamidi Sahab's Difference Of Opinion On Various Topics

• Sunnah And Ghamidi Sahab's Difference Of Opinion On Various Topics

Posted by Mumin Ahmad on October 20, 2021 at 8:36 am

Assalamualaikum

According to Ghamidi Sahab, Sunnah is found in the Fiqh books of the previous generations of Muslims and the Sunnah has been transferred to us through ijma and tawaatur of the Ummah, so there can’t be any question of doubting its authenticity. But Ghamidi Sahab himself differs from what’s mentioned in the previous fiqh books like the obligation of hijab, prohibition of music etc. Weren’t these things agreed upon by almost all scholars in the past? I’m certainly missing something here. Please enlighten me.

Thank you

Umer replied 2 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Sunnah And Ghamidi Sahab's Difference Of Opinion On Various Topics

Umer updated 2 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • Mumin Ahmad

Member October 20, 2021 at 2:35 pm

?

• Umer

Moderator October 20, 2021 at 3:54 pm

Fiqh books distinguish in these matters i.e. which directive is transmitted through ijma and tawatur and which one is interpretation of Quran, Sunnah and Hadith. It is the former part which has been categorized as Sunnah, while latter is their interpretation of religion, which forms fiqh and not religion.

Please refer to the following detailed response by Ghamidi Sahab:

Discussion 50125 • Reply 50221

• Mumin Ahmad

Member October 20, 2021 at 11:32 pm

Ok so does that mean that issues like the method (s) of performing prayers etc. have been transferred through ijma starting from the Prophet(S.A.W) and his companions(R.A) through an unbroken chain , while other issues like hijab, music etc. have been determined by scholars themselves on the basis of their interpretations of the Qur’an and the ahadith?

• Umer

Moderator October 21, 2021 at 1:20 pm

Yes, and this distinction is made clear in the fiqh books as well.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register