Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Inheritance Gifted By Grandfather To His Sons

Tagged: 

• Inheritance Gifted By Grandfather To His Sons

Posted by ashif ahmed on October 22, 2021 at 11:17 am

my grandfather purchased a land for his 3 sons in his life in 1883 or maybe 82 .

and after he purchased another lands for him and his wife I mean for my grandmother

and my grandfather sales some land in his life and died in 1991 and after the death of my grandfather in 2009 the land was divided and my father and his brothers took the lands to whom my grandfather purchased in their names

and the girls are took the land of my grandmother land and dividted by our relatives and our muslim society

but now i learn about inheritance in islamic law

Allah commands you regarding your children: the share of the male will be twice that of the female

but the case of my father we have more than twice I ask my father about this my father said to me that we haven’t took land of inheritance we took the land what your grandfather purchased for 3 sons . and daughters took lands in inheritance the land of your grandmother and he showed me the paper of property whom my grandfather purchased for 3 sons and also said that after the inheritance some other people not my father’s sisters case in our land

and my father and his big brother fight the case against them in court for while and won .

and my father tell me all this

and said we fight against the people who want to took our lands from us

and this land was purchased us by your grandfather and tell me whole scenario why we have more than twice that of the daughters and now I don’t know it is legal aur illigal according islamic law do I force my father to gave the land that we have some more than them or is it ok and also there is risk to that now bcz there is a chance of fighting scenario between them that’s why i ask my father only time about this please give an answer and explain me what should I do.

nd our whole income source is from that land we gave house and shop in a rent and I thought this income also a mix with haram so what should I do someone said who eat haram allah never accept his dua

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 2 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Inheritance Gifted By Grandfather To His Sons

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 2 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 24, 2021 at 3:46 am

Your grandfather had the authority to make a will (verbally or written) to give a portion of his wealth or the whole wealth to some of his children. Only that property is distributed according to the Islamic law of inheritance, against which no will is prescribed. Islamic law of inheritance comes only after the will, made by the deceased.

• ashif ahmed

Member October 24, 2021 at 11:44 am

@Irfan76 do it is ok to have this land whom my grandmother buy for my father and his brothers

thats means the girls didn’t claim parts from this land this ok to took this land …?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 25, 2021 at 6:18 am

If this was a kind of gift from your grandfather to his son’s , her daughters have no claim on it.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register