Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Splashes When Relieving Oneself

Tagged: 

• Splashes When Relieving Oneself

Posted by Haseeb Faisal on October 23, 2021 at 8:32 pm

Asalamoalaikum,

Sometimes there are splashes when one relieves oneself even when sitting on the toilet. In this case, is there a certain way that a person should go on about cleaning themselves (Islam-related or otherwise)? And does there need to be absolute certainty that the site where the splashing occurred has been identified and cleaned? Or is it safer to take a quick shower – although this is not always very convenient?

JazakAllah

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 2 years ago 2 Members · 27 Replies
  • 27 Replies
  • Splashes When Relieving Oneself

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 2 years ago 2 Members · 27 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 24, 2021 at 3:31 am

It all depends on the personal experience and satisfaction of a person. no one can suggest anything in this case.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member October 24, 2021 at 10:28 pm

JazakAllah Dr. Shehzad. But will I be held accountable if there is impurity left on me in the case that I choose against taking a shower because it is inconvenient? For example, I wash in the same way that most people do with the intent to be fully clean?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 25, 2021 at 2:57 am

That what is not your intention you will not be held accountable.

People in the time of the prophet did not always use water. They wipes with some rock and that was acceptable too.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member October 28, 2021 at 9:53 pm

But Dr. Shahzad, can a person not argue that people at that time did not have the resources that we do today to clean ourselves? For example, back then water supply was limited. But today, we all have access to a shower, which we can use after relieving ourselves to have absolute certainty that we have cleaned all impurities? Or does Allah not burden us with this much effort?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 29, 2021 at 4:02 am

People did use water then too, but of course not always. But they were compelled to use water when it was available. They were allowed to clean themselves the way they used to do.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member November 1, 2021 at 8:00 pm

JazakAllah Dr. Irfan Shahzad!

• Haseeb Faisal

Member February 16, 2022 at 11:40 pm

*splashes from the toilet bowl that hit them while defecating

• Haseeb Faisal

Member February 16, 2022 at 11:34 pm

One point about which I was hoping I could get clarification is that how could wiping with rocks possibly remove their impurity entirely? And in this case, how could their prayer be accepted?

I have the same question regarding modern times, where people only wash “the immediate area around the opening” – how come splashes from the toilet bowl that hit them in body parts beyond this area do not invalidate their prayer due to the presence of impurity?

JazakAllah

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar November 2, 2021 at 8:42 am

Correction in the above reply.

They were not compelled to use water when it was available.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member November 2, 2021 at 12:44 pm

Ohhh, makes sense! JazakAllah!

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 17, 2022 at 4:51 am

Here you can understand how Deen deals. Only possible purification is considered enough. Deen does not make man bother for the things which makes things difficult for him.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member February 17, 2022 at 7:07 am

JazakAllah Dr. Irfan Shahzad. So this means that after defecation, washing the immediate area around the opening is enough? Even though it is possible to wash other parts around that area where splashes may have hit?

JazakAllah

• Haseeb Faisal

Member February 17, 2022 at 9:24 am

In my case, I am certain that there are splashes.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 7, 2022 at 12:25 am

Normal washing does not spread water too much. It is usually the opening and small area around it. so keep to it. don’t bother much.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member March 7, 2022 at 8:08 am

JazakAllah Dr. Irfan Shahzad. I just want to make sure that I’ve understood your point correctly. So this means that after defecation, one only needs to wash as people normally do. This means moving the finger forward and backwards to remove any filth that can be felt and detected. And even if there is certainty of feeling splashes beyond the opening and its surrounding area, these splashes can all be ignored, since Deen does not bother us for things that make life difficult. Is this correct?

JazakAllah

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 7, 2022 at 10:48 pm

Splashes generally do not spread everywhere. so keep to normal washing.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member March 9, 2022 at 12:32 pm

JazakAllah Dr. Irfan Shahzad,

And am I obliged to take any steps to stop splashes from spreading? Like reducing the amount of water in the toilet bowl or putting toilet paper inside the toilet bowl to reduce splashes, or this is not necessary?

JazakAllah

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 10, 2022 at 4:59 am

This is your discretion.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member March 10, 2022 at 5:37 am

JazakAllah Dr. Irfan Shahzad. But I mean that I won’t be sinful even if I choose not do to do these things, correct?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 10, 2022 at 5:54 am

If you are honest with your understanding you are not sinful. We are obliged to be clean and pure and we know how to do it.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member March 10, 2022 at 8:09 am

JazakAllah Dr. Irfan Shahzad. My plan after this discussion with you is to wash normally after defecation. And I will also not take any extra steps to stop the splashes from hitting me. Hopefully this is okay.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 11, 2022 at 3:13 am

Stay blessed and stay happy with God Who is so very gracious.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member March 11, 2022 at 5:34 am

JazakAllah Dr. Irfan Shahzad! 🙂

• Haseeb Faisal

Member April 25, 2022 at 6:30 pm

Asalamualaikum Dr. Irfan Shahzad,

I just want to confirm one point. In our discussion, you said that if one feels splashes from the toilet bowl while defecating, they should still only wash normally. This is because generally, splashes do not spread everywhere.

Based on this point, even if I have a strong doubt that normal washing will not remove the splashes, even then I should still stick to normal washing, correct? Because otherwise, I would be acting off of doubts.

JazakAllah

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 27, 2022 at 10:41 pm

You know where the splashes hit. Wash That parts and that’s done

• Haseeb Faisal

Member April 28, 2022 at 2:21 am

But Dr. Irfan Shahzad, you said that normal washing will normally remove the splashes. So if one normally washes after defecation, then that is enough even if one feels splashes. Correct? JazakAllah.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 28, 2022 at 3:44 am

Yes

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register