Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Inheritence Distribution Of Aunt's Share To Her Siblings In Combined Property

Tagged: 

• Inheritence Distribution Of Aunt's Share To Her Siblings In Combined Property

Posted by Muhammad Janice on October 31, 2021 at 2:03 am

Dear members, recently my khala (aunt) passed away due to COVID. She was unmarried and spent most of her time with us (her sister children). As she was a working woman she had left some of her wealth with us. As per my research, Islamic inheritence law require us to distribute her wealth among her brothers (5 of them) and a sister. The issue we are currently facing is to how to distribute her share in the property. In her life she gave us her share of inheritence from her parents property and we purchased a property together whose current owner is my father. Her contribution in this property is about 15% of the total amount of the property. My question through this post is that are we required to distribute her share in the property among her brothers, considering the fact she had given us the share in her life, further can we donante her share without giving it to her brothers?

Muhammad Janice replied 2 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Inheritence Distribution Of Aunt's Share To Her Siblings In Combined Property

Muhammad Janice updated 2 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 31, 2021 at 3:29 am

If she had given a portion of her property to your family, it is no more her property so no need to distribute it. But if she didn’t explicate that the portion in the combined property is yours, then it is still hers and should be distributed among her siblings.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register