Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Prayer Behind Ahmadi Sect

• Prayer Behind Ahmadi Sect

Posted by Muhammad Usama Ashraf on October 31, 2021 at 1:36 pm

I had the opportunity to ask the question to Ghamidi sb. (in today’s Q/A session) about praying behind the Ahmadi people that since we are not allowed to do “Takfeer” of Ahmadi people because they declare themselves Muslims and so we have no right of calling them “Kafir”, then it is possible to pray behind them?

AND

He replied, “It is a matter of your personal opinion. If you think they are Muslim, then it is fine to pray behind them and that is fine because it is your prayer.”

The issue is I found it a sort of catch-22 situation. I am looking for guidance on this critical issue from the opinion of Ghamidi sb. as I consider him my mentor because I am unable to decide if they are Muslim or not. And he left it up to me which I did not find very useful.

I wonder what Ghamidi sb. think about Ahmadi people? If Ghamidi sb. do not do “Takfeer” of Ahmadi people (which I completely agree with him) then it seems as if we are accepting them as Muslims because they (Ahmadi people) clearly declare themselves as Muslims. And if we are accepting them as what they are declaring themselves i.e. being Muslims then why Ghamidi sb. is saying if you think they are Muslim then you can pray otherwise it is your choice. I find it confusing and dogmatic.

I request moderators to kindly ask Ghamidi sb to guide us in this matter because I consider myself too small to think if I should call them Muslim or not and I look forward to the guidance of Ghamidi sb. in this matter.

Umer replied 2 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register