Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Charity Through Concerts

Tagged: , , ,

• Charity Through Concerts

Posted by Saeed Ahmad on November 1, 2021 at 11:37 am

These days, many organizations organise events like concerts to raise funds or charity. Is it allowed in Islam because majority of muslims considers concerts and music haraam. Majority of scholars consider today’s music haraam although they think there might be some relaxation regarding classical meaningful music as today’s music incites people sexually

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 2 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Charity Through Concerts

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 2 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator November 2, 2021 at 12:25 am

Music is not inherently haram. For more info please see responses of Umer sb and sohail sb
    Discussion 39704

• Umer

Moderator November 2, 2021 at 3:47 am

Music is not primarily Haram therefore, there’s no harm in raising funds for charity through holding of concerts. But just like other activities, there should not be any immoral activity involved with the Music or in the concert itself.

A detailed series has been done with Ghamidi Sahab on Music and Singing and it’s status in Islam:

Discussion 55241

• Saeed Ahmad

Member November 2, 2021 at 3:52 am

I am well aware of perspective of Ghamidi sb….. But if, in case, some immorality is found, like dancing of men and women together or some other aspect that feels immoral, music will definitely turn into haraam….. Correct me if I am wrong

My basic question is that if such happens, will the money gathered have any benefit to the good deeds of those who participated and organised the event? Although the money goes for charity

Basic question lies on money and it’s value on “Naama e Amaal” if gathered through sinned activity but on name of charity.

• Umer

Moderator November 2, 2021 at 4:10 am

If there’s a clear immoral act involved which falls in prohibited category, then the money raised will do event organizers no good as far as their “Naama-e-Amaal” is concerned.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad (@Irfan76 ) will be able to add scholarly insight into the matter.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar November 2, 2021 at 8:40 am

Knowingly going against the injunctions of God to do something good tells that the person has no regard for God. So he can’t expect from God to still appreciate him or her. About such people God told us that their good deeds are rewarded ik this world and they have claim or share in the hereafter.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register