Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Iqbal's Concept Of Afterlife

Tagged: ,

• Iqbal's Concept Of Afterlife

Posted by Furqan Ali on November 1, 2021 at 1:16 pm

As some of you already know about how iqbal conceive afterlife and related eschatological phenomenons:for others let me summarize here

1.Time period for dwelling in hell is not everlasting, that is, any person going to hell must go to paradise As quran never utilized the word abad with hell but with paradise

2. Hell is a place for correction rather punishment.

3.Only that person will confer an everlasting life who hv developed his khudi.

My question is does this system is compatible with quran. Apparently, it is more just than the traditional one(i.e. Hitler and me:both of us would have an immortal life)

Umer replied 2 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Iqbal's Concept Of Afterlife

Umer updated 2 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator November 2, 2021 at 12:33 am

Abad has been used in many places with Hell for instance Surah Jinn ayah 23

• Umer

Moderator November 2, 2021 at 3:39 am

Iqbal was of view that heaven and hell are mere spiritual experiences, which goes against the Quran. Secondly, there is an indication that Hell may come to an end one day, but nothing conclusive can be said in this regard, because it is subject to Allah’s will.

For Ghamidi Sahab’s comments on Iqbal’s ideology, please refer to the link below from 36:03 to 37:01

ilm-o-Hikmat 01-05-2016

Regarding eternal nature of heaven and hell, please refer to the following responses by Ghamidi Sahab:

Please refer to the link below from 28:30 to 36:26

Discussion 38044 • Reply 38047

Please also refer to the link below from 32:49 to 37:01

Discussion 38044 • Reply 38045

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register