Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Difference Between Haram Things N Kabira Gunaah

• Difference Between Haram Things N Kabira Gunaah

Posted by Fatima Goraya on November 4, 2021 at 5:19 am

According to Ghamidi Sahab’s chapter on Ikhlakiyaat, the 10 commandments of Allah are the major sins n if we stay safe from them then our minor sins will be forgiven.

I want to ask then what about haram things like alcohol, gambling, sood (interest)? Are these things only haram n minor sins? Or they are haram n major sins?

I always thought that things like gambling, alcohol n sood r major sins????

Please guide me

Fatima Goraya replied 2 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Difference Between Haram Things N Kabira Gunaah

Fatima Goraya updated 2 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar November 10, 2021 at 1:49 am

These 10 commandments are based on certain principles which are elaborated earlier in the same chapter in Meezan. At the end of his description of 10 commandments, Ghamidi sahib wrote that other sins and vices are the offshoots of these commandments. Alcohol falls in the category of dietary Shariah, while these commandments belong to ethics, that is why it is not there. Riba and gambling belong to the activities which needed to be addressed separately to tell why they are haram, as to some, their hurmat was not clear, they took them as beneficial economic activities.

To be offshoots of some vices, does not mean that the offshoots are minor sins. The intensity of sin makes a sin grave. for example to tell lie is not always a big sin, but to bear a false witness is a grave sin.

• Fatima Goraya

Member November 14, 2021 at 6:24 am

Ok thank u

The discussion "Difference Between Haram Things N Kabira Gunaah" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now