Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Meraj Physical Or Vision , Why It Is Not Clear In Quran?

• Meraj Physical Or Vision , Why It Is Not Clear In Quran?

Posted by md nayem rahman on November 6, 2021 at 4:16 am

was meraj physical or real ? the question is about arabic translation and gramar.

i am not a arabic language student but some times i do research , i had seen all “Response to 23 Questions – The Night Journey (Isra and Miraj) – Javed Ahmed Ghamidi” videos . i seen his response videos like return of jesus pretty good job done by javed ahmed ghamidi sir .

in quran 17:60

‏وَإِذْ قُلْنَا لَكَ إِنَّ رَبَّكَ أَحَاطَ بِٱلنَّاسِ ۚ وَمَا جَعَلْنَا ٱلرُّءْيَا ٱلَّتِىٓ أَرَيْنَكَ إِلَّا فِتْنَةًۭ لِّلنَّاسِ وَٱلشَّجَرَةَ ٱلْمَلْعُونَةَ فِى ٱلْقُرْءَانِ ۚ وَنُخَوِّفُهُمْ فَمَا يَزِيدُهُمْ إِلَّا طُغْيَنًۭا كَبِيرًۭا ‎

Dr. Shehnaz Shaikh, Ms. Kauser Katri, and more

And when We said to you, “Indeed, your Lord has encompassed the mankind.” And not We made the vision which We showed you except (as) a trial for mankind, and the tree the accursed in the Quran. And We threaten them but not it increases them except (in) transgression great.

“وَمَا” meaning ” and what” and “and not ” many times . which one is right ?in this context .

a) if we took “and not” then the meaning of this ayat will be like this

“and we have not made made the vision which We showed you except (as) a trial for mankind”

b) if we took the meaning ” and what ” then the meaning of this ayat like this

and we have not made made the vision which We showed you except (as) a trial for mankind

# which one will be correct and why ?

scholars divided into 2 groups ,

I am gone to give you examples

group 1

Muhammad asad

And lo! We said unto thee, [O Prophet:] “Behold, thy Sustainer encompasses all mankind [within His knowledge and might]: and so We have ordained that the vision which We have shown thee -as also the tree [of hell,] cursed in this Qur’an – shall be but a trial for men. Now [by Our mentioning hell] We convey a warning to them: but [if they are bent on denying the truth,] this [warning] only increases their gross, overweening arrogance.”

The Clear Quran, Dr. Mustafa Khattab

And ˹remember, O Prophet˺ when We told you, “Certainly your Lord encompasses the people.” And We have made what We brought you to see as well as the cursed tree ˹mentioned˺ in the Quran only as a test for the people. We keep warning them, but it only increases them greatly in defiance.

Safi Kaskas

We have already told you [Muhammad] that your Lord knows all about human beings. The vision that We showed you-as well as the cursed tree in this Qur’an-are only a trial and temptation for men. We put Our fear in them but this only increases their tyranny.

group 2

Abdul Hye

And (remember) when We said to you (O Muhammad): “Surely! Your Lord has encompassed mankind.” And We have not make the vision (Al-Isra) which We showed you (O Muhammad on the night of Al-Isra) but a trial for mankind, and likewise the accursed tree (Zaqqoom) in the Qur’an. We warn them but it does not increase (fear in) them except great disbelief, oppression and disobedience.

The Study Quran

And [remember] when We said unto thee, “Surely thy Lord encompasses mankind.” We did not ordain the vision that We showed thee, save as a trial for mankind, and the Accursed Tree in the Quran. And We inspire fear in them, but it increases them in naught but great rebellion

Dr. Kamal Omar

And when We gave a statement for you: ‘Verily, your Nourisher-Sustainer has encompassed mankind (keeping them in His Surveillance and Grip).’ And We made not the vision which We brought to your view except as a test and trial for mankind and likewise the accursed tree in Al-Quran. And We create fear in them but it increases them not except (in) extreme rebellio.

i am giving some links may these will help waht i want to say

https://www.islamawakened.com/quran/17/60/default.htm

https://www.islamawakened.com/quran/17/60/w4wcv.html

https://www.islamawakened.com/quran/Quran-roots/Eng/Miim-Alif-932.html

thanks a lot , hope i will get my question’s answer.

Grinning

md nayem rahman replied 2 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Meraj Physical Or Vision , Why It Is Not Clear In Quran?

md nayem rahman updated 2 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator November 7, 2021 at 1:51 am

They both mean the same thing. Consider this example:

– Both these sentences “I have prepared this exam to test you” AND “I have not prepared this exam but to test you” effectively mean the same thing i.e. the exam has been prepared to test the student.

Therefore, both the translations of this verse i.e. “We have shown this vision as a test for the mankind” AND “We have not shown this vision but as a test for the mankind” mean the same thing.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register