Forums Forums General Discussions Religious Beliefs Of Al-Razi

• Religious Beliefs Of Al-Razi

Faisal Haroon updated 2 years, 5 months ago 5 Members · 11 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 12, 2021 at 2:40 pm

No.

• Salman

Member November 12, 2021 at 4:18 pm

This is what Ar-Razi once wrote. You decide whether he was athiest or not.

“The prophets-these billy goats with long beards, as al-Razi disdainfully describes them-cannot claim any intellectual or spiritual superiority. These billy goats pretend to come with a message from God, all the while exhausting themselves spouting their lies and imposing on the masses blind obedience to the “words of the master.” The miracles of the prophets are impostures, based on trickery, or the stories regarding them are lies. The falseness of what all the prophets say is evident in the fact that they contradict one another-one affirms what the other denies, and yet each claims to be the sole depository of the truth, thus the New Testament contradicts the Torah; the Koran, the New Testament. As for the Koran, it is but an assorted mixture of “absurd and inconsistent fables,” which has ridiculously been judged inimitable when, in fact, its language, style, and its much-vaunted “eloquence” are far from being faultless. Custom, tradition, and intellectual laziness lead men to blindly follow their religious leaders. Religions have been the sole cause of the bloody wars that have ravaged mankind. Religions have also been resolutely hostile to philosophical speculation and to scientific research. The so-called holy scriptures are worthless and have done more harm than good, whereas the “writings of the ancients like Plato, Aristotle, Euclid and Hippocrates have rendered much greater service to humanity…. The people who gather round the religious leaders are either feeble-minded, or they are women and adolescents. Religion stifles truth and fosters enmity. If a book in itself can constitute a demonstration that it is true revelation, the treatises of geometry, astronomy, medicine and logic can justify such a claim much better than the Quran, the transcendent literary beauty of which, denied by al-Razi, was thought by orthodox Muslims to prove the truth of Muhammad’s mission.”

• Salman

Member November 12, 2021 at 4:24 pm

One more belief of God. Read it and see for yourself who were the so-called Golden Age guys of Islam.

• Salman

Member November 12, 2021 at 4:28 pm

Another proof will be the post by moderator who will tell me to stop posting these messages. Oh! Now he will not say that as I already said he’ll do that. Otherwise, who doesn’t like to silence people who ask questions about Islam that don’t match their agendas? 😛

Please answer these questions, don’t hide in the sand and say ‘No’ he wasn’t atheist – When the whole world and he himself said, he was.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 12, 2021 at 8:48 pm

None of what you shared above suggests that Al-Razi was an atheist. An atheist is someone who has necessarily reached the conclusion that this universe and everything within it is not created. As a philosopher and a scientist, Al-Razi questioned and opposed the orthodox understanding of Islam as well as other religions, however, there’s no evidence to support that he was an atheist.

With that said, I suggest that you please revisit your tone and make sure that your future posts are in line with the Ask Ghamidi Code of Conduct. Ask Ghamidi is a valuable resource for those who like to engage in civilized discussions around religion so that they themselves can grow as well as help others grow in their understanding of difficult and complex ideas. We open heartedly welcome varying viewpoints, however, we do not allow disrespectful tone or disparaging others. You can refer to the Ask Ghamidi Code of Conduct below:

Code of Conduct

• ودود

Member November 12, 2021 at 9:35 pm

Having some degree of trust is essential for learning from anyone or any other source. You need to trust your eyes, the author of the book or the consultant you are seeking advice from. I won’t follow a doctors advice if I don’t trust him.

Similarly without faith or trust, one can’t get any value out of Quran. I have discovered many contrarians truth in Quran. Contrarian truths are those truths that defies logic when you read it first time. When you go deeper and try it out you with trust, you begin to see the results and realize where your logic was wrong. Once we appreciate the soundness of the guidance, we are left with no choice but to accept the fact that the book has a Divine intervention.

For example, God says wealth you spend on a good cause comes back many folds and from the sources you least expect. When Google launched their search engine for free to help people save time searching contents on the web, they had no idea how it could be monetized and what happened next is the history. Google is earning money from the sources, no one could even imagine at the point they were spending money to build a system to make people’s lives easier. If we all do it imagine, how much good we can all create in this world. Many of us still look for a robust business case, feasibility and proof of concept before spending our surplus money on an idea.

People like al-razi need some trust in the text they read to be able to make sense out of it and get some value. In addition, since the contrarian truth is a bit hard to get for a layman, it’s recommended to read it again and again with faith and not to find faults. At some point, things will begin to click and start making sense. If all of the guidance given in Quran were a bit easier to understand, there was no point for Divine Intervention in the first place.

• Shoaib Imtiyaz

Member November 12, 2021 at 9:35 pm

I am really very sorry about my tone.

I am not intended to do that.

I am not only to learn here but I am the student of Ghamidi Sahab.

• Umer

Moderator November 12, 2021 at 9:56 pm

Comment of Faisal Sahab was not addressed to you Shoaib Sahab (@Zishu ).

However, it’s better if you add more context to your questions in the future like with some references and background to your question etc.

• Salman

Member November 12, 2021 at 11:13 pm

Faisal bhai now don’t be rude yourself. I have copied/pasted quotes from the internet. If that too sounds rude to you – I am outa here!

Whether you grab your ears from this hand or that – Ar-Razi wasn’t religious. As were most of the Scientists of the Golden Age. There are always going to be creative and critical thinkers in society whether you or Islam like or not. This is true for any religion, any culture, any country and any place. How else can a Scientist be a scientists if he does/believes what the masses like him do/believe. Won’t then everyone will be a Scientist? A food for thought.

But may that’s how God planned life. There are always going to be people like him. Also remember, it is also safe to say that he was atheist. Because if you read his biographies you can find clear statements to that affect. Anyways, lets not make ‘rai ka pahad’ the point is – he wasn’t Muslim.

• Salman

Member November 12, 2021 at 11:17 pm

The last defense of Muslims – don’t be rude. Wow! Saying a liar – a liar is rude? Saying a rapist – a rapist rude? Saying bad things happen to Muslims is rude? What is rude. Everything is rude in Quran. Is that rude too? Please instead of shying away from my questions – give answers or don’t write anything. Don’t do disservice to Islam by calling people rude whose point of views your don’t like.

I posted quotes and he says I am rude.

Wow!

Keep up the good work!

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 12, 2021 at 11:58 pm

Salman sahab, once again I’m requesting you very politely to read the Ask Ghamidi Code of Conduct and adhere to it in in letter and spirit in all of your future posts. We try very hard to cater to different viewpoints, however, neither do we have the time nor any tolerance for counterproductive attitude towards knowledge.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register