A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Is Human Blood Najis

Tagged: ,

• Is Human Blood Najis

Umer updated 2 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 17 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator November 15, 2021 at 3:44 am

Blood is forbidden to drink, but it not impure the way urine is a filth. However, since its sight creates disgust, a Muslim should remove it from his or her body or cloth to perform prayer to get a sense of complete purity.

However, it doesn’t nullify one’s wuzu or invalidate one’s prayers (‘Salah’).

Please also refer to the following response by Ghamidi Sahab:

Discussion 31720 • Reply 33120

• Haseeb Faisal

Member December 18, 2021 at 12:09 am

Is it the same for snot or mucus? If a little bit gets on the clothes, should a Muslim remove it prior to performing prayer? JazakAllah!

• Umer

Moderator December 18, 2021 at 2:36 pm

It is the same for snot or mucus. They’re not nullifiers of wuzu or Salah for that matter.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member December 18, 2021 at 3:19 pm

JazakAllah. But is it preferable to pray without them on the clothes, especially considering that they can transfer over to the prayer mat? My only concern is that it can be hard to keep track of mucus and to have to constantly change clothes. And then if mucus gets transferred onto the prayer mat, having to wash it so frequently would be tough. Or is it something that doesn’t hold the disgust factor of blood?

• Umer

Moderator December 18, 2021 at 3:22 pm

This wouldn’t affect your Prayer. The rest is upto your own sensitivity to these matters. Usually human beings by nature prefer to stay clean of these things.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member December 18, 2021 at 3:24 pm

JazakAllah. And is swallowing mucus also a matter of sensitivity and not something pertaining to haram and halal?

• Umer

Moderator December 18, 2021 at 3:26 pm

Yes

• Haseeb Faisal

Member January 9, 2022 at 4:25 pm

So just confirm, anything other than the nullifiers of prayer do not have any impact on wudu and prayer because they are not “impure the way urine is a filth”?

For example, pus is something I can think of that wasn’t discussed in this thread yet.

JazakAllah

• Umer

Moderator January 10, 2022 at 3:30 am

Same ruling is for the pus.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member January 10, 2022 at 8:00 pm

JazakAllah Mr. Umer Qureshi. So where does the idea that blood and pus are impure come from? Is this also from fiqh, or ahadith, or something else?

• Umer

Moderator January 11, 2022 at 11:43 pm

Fiqh.

• Mohamed Mushaf

Member November 16, 2021 at 1:28 am

Can i stay with blood stains.because at times of war muslims used to pray in them.

• Mohamed Mushaf

Member November 16, 2021 at 1:30 am

Any translation to that video.jazakallahu khair

• Mohamed Mushaf

Member November 16, 2021 at 1:56 am

What is complete purity?.and when you said A MUSLIM SHOULD REMOVE IT,does it make it obligotary to remove it?

• Umer

Moderator November 17, 2021 at 9:12 am

It is generally observed that blood does create a sight of disgust for human beings, it is upto the person how sooner one wants to get rid of that blood. However, it doesn’t affect one’s wuzu or Salah. I didn’t write complete purity, I wrote complete sense of purity. It can vary from individual to individual and from situation to situation as well.

• Mohamed Mushaf

Member November 17, 2021 at 9:00 pm

Jazakallahu khair brother.can you give a me a one word answer is blood najis or pure?.

• Umer

Moderator November 17, 2021 at 11:05 pm

It’s upto the individual’s own sensitivity, there’s no religious injunction in this regard.

The discussion "Is Human Blood Najis" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now