Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Reasons To Believe In God

Tagged: 

• Reasons To Believe In God

Posted by Shahzaib Shah on November 16, 2021 at 4:04 pm

There are meteors can be seen by the mankind.. like wise the sun,moon,stars

AtFirst after beloved one’s death of their earlier people. they might think where could they go after death… then they could see the shooting stars, lunar eclipses, solar eclipses, so after seeing this phenomena they used to start to think that someone who is in the sky..that we can’t see. because at that time it was supernatural for them and they didnt know about it. So my question is.. are these became the reasons to believe in God..? At first

Umer replied 2 years, 5 months ago 6 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Reasons To Believe In God

Umer updated 2 years, 5 months ago 6 Members · 9 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 16, 2021 at 4:50 pm

What you shared above is just a hypothesis without any evidence. Belief in a Creator is innate in every human being starting from the very first man. For details about why we believe in God please see:

Discussion 18935

• ودود

Member November 16, 2021 at 5:42 pm

All humans have an innate knowledge of existence of God and there is an urge to confirm it thru an external evidence.

As a result they have come up with many theories similar to the ones you have mentioned. Those theories have resulted in man made religions or isms or ideologies called non-semitic religions.

Semitic religions are those where prophets introduced the true concept of God. So the God we believe in is not the one that a philosopher or a Sufi has inferred thru observation of universe or meditations. God we believe in is the one that prophets of God have introduced us to.

• Shahzaib Shah

Member November 16, 2021 at 5:49 pm

Yeah but maybe some have come up with unseen god.. they might think. that there is a God that we can’t see but actually exists by seeing this phenomena ???

• ودود

Member November 16, 2021 at 6:25 pm

True, thats possible. Anyone with a reasonable mental capacity should be able to infer God by pondering on the universe and looking for signs. Thats what God asks us to do in Quran.

However, we may reach different or incomplete concepts of God thru this process as the observation can lead us to believe in existence of a supreme power or creator but gives us no clues as to why he has send us on earth and what he wants from us. Those details come from prophets.

• Shahzaib Shah

Member November 16, 2021 at 5:54 pm

I am not saying that this resulted believing in polytheism like they started worshiping sun , or moon, i mean this phenomena results in believing in a unseen God..

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 16, 2021 at 7:03 pm

As I shared above, belief in an unseen God is innate. It has nothing to do with experience.

• Zayf Shakir

Member November 18, 2021 at 11:26 pm

How can you say it’s innate? If someone is born and you don’t tell him anything about god or religion he wouldn’t believe in god!

• Dawar Hussain

Moderator November 19, 2021 at 6:56 am

I think this might help you understand innate/inborn/human nature and it’s interaction.

Discussion 30094

• Umer

Moderator November 20, 2021 at 4:54 am

In addition to the discussion shared by Dawar Sahab, following is a four-part series where arguments for existence of God have been discussed at-length including the argument of ‘Intuitive Evidence‘:

Discussion 1630 • Reply 1634

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register