Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Checking Authenticity Of Hadith

Tagged: ,

• Checking Authenticity Of Hadith

Posted by Mohammed Zubair Alam on November 17, 2021 at 12:52 am

Abdullah (bin Masud) said: A man came to the Prophet صلی ‌اللہ ‌علیہ ‌وسلم and said: I contacted directly a women at the furthest part of the city (i. e., Madina), and I did with her everything except sexual intercourse. So here I am; inflict any punishment you wish. Thereupon Umar said: Allah has concealed your fault; it would have been better if you also had concealed it yourself. The Prophet صلی ‌اللہ ‌علیہ ‌وسلم sent a men after him. (When he came) he recited the verse: “And establish regular prayers at the two ends of the day and at the approaches of the night. . . ” up to the end of the verse. A man from the people got up and asked: Is it particular to him, Messenger of Allah, or for the people in general? He replied: It is all the people.(Sunan abu dawood 4468).

And Also How to understand wheather any hadith is authentic or not. According to ghamidi sb even authentic hadith is also questionable. So is there any pdf or any thing of hadiths which is authentic according to the understanding of Ghamidi sb. ?

Umer replied 2 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Checking Authenticity Of Hadith

Umer updated 2 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar November 17, 2021 at 5:09 am

Ghamidi Sahib is working on his Hadith project, and his findings are published in the journal Ishraq.

to learn how to understand a hadith, you may consult his book Meezan, the chapter on Hadith.

• Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member November 17, 2021 at 5:16 am

So it this hadith accurate which I’ve provided?

• Umer

Moderator November 17, 2021 at 7:30 am

This Hadith is ‘Hasan Sahih’ as categorized by Shiekh Albani:

https://sunnah.com/abudawud:4468

Use of word Accurate is not correct in this context, Hadith is a ‘Zanni ilm‘ and can never reach to a level of accuracy w.r.t it’s transmission and content the way we have for Quran, for example. Please refer to the following threads to understand Ghamidi Sahab’s approach in this matter:

Discussion 59270

Discussion 56414 • Reply 56415

• Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member November 17, 2021 at 8:51 am

Alright. Bdw “Hasan sahih” means near to authentic?.

• Umer

Moderator November 17, 2021 at 9:24 am

Somewhere between Sahih and Daef.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register