Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Points On Why Mustahab On Dressing Is Not Exactly Valid.

Tagged: , ,

• Points On Why Mustahab On Dressing Is Not Exactly Valid.

Posted by Mohammed Zubair Alam on November 17, 2021 at 2:26 am

Some of the points why covering the parts of a body which is above the requirements of hifz-e-furooz can’t be described as “Mustahab” on the basis of Culture or society .

1. If is to, then one from a different culture living in an Arabian culture can be asked to cover the head with khimar and also to wear the dress like them. But If he doesn’t want to then , will he loose his reward?. I don’t think so cause Allah has said nothing on this.

2. If one is from Arabian Culture and living in a western culture. In this case if he continue to dress like an arabian it’s obvious he will look unique in a society or culture, and in this case a culture can ask him to dress like them but If he doesn’t want to it.Then will he loose his reward?

3. If a women from a different cultural background lives in a place where most of the women cover their hair. And If she doesn’t want to then will she loose her reward? Does she become less rewarded than those who cover their hair/head?. Isn’t this thing is making differences on the basis of reward?.

Yes she can look different in the eyes of a culture where she Lives in but not on the basis of reward in the eyes of Allah.

So I honestly think that this matter should be left to Allah . And we should not say what is desirable in the eyes of Allah on this matter. It may or may not be rewarded as Allah Said nothing on this and Quran is also silent. After maintaing hifz-e-furooz the whole matter has been left to the people and Quran is silent wheather covering the other body parts is mustahab or not.

I think it’s human nature to follow the culture or society where he/ she lives in but if anyone doesn’t want to then I don’t think there will be any loss in reward or if one does it there is any gain . One can choose the outfit where he/she go ,on the basis of his/her understanding of that particular place.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 2 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Points On Why Mustahab On Dressing Is Not Exactly Valid.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 2 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar November 17, 2021 at 5:06 am

All civilisations have decent dresses to cover the essential parts and their surrounding areas. Indecent dresses are considered indecent. since head covering is not that important, that is why not in every society men or women cover their heads. in this case they will be judged according to their norms.

• Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member November 17, 2021 at 5:28 am

According to their norm means the place where they belong to or the place where they lives in or the personal choice?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar November 18, 2021 at 9:57 pm

Here personal judgement is considered

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register