Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam FreeWill And Law Of Guidance And Error

• FreeWill And Law Of Guidance And Error

Posted by Rafi Sheikh on November 17, 2021 at 5:18 am

AoA, I am unsure if I should ask. Allah SWT says

وَقِیلَ ٱدۡعُوا۟ شُرَكَاۤءَكُمۡ فَدَعَوۡهُمۡ فَلَمۡ یَسۡتَجِیبُوا۟ لَهُمۡ وَرَأَوُا۟ ٱلۡعَذَابَۚ لَوۡ أَنَّهُمۡ كَانُوا۟ یَهۡتَدُونَ ﴿ ٦٤ ﴾

• ابوالاعلی مودودی:

پھر اِن سے کہا جائے گا کہ پکارو اب اپنے ٹھہرائے ہوئے شریکوں کو۔ یہ انہیں پکاریں گے مگر وہ اِن کو کوئی جواب نہ دیں گے۔ اور یہ لوگ عذاب دیکھ لیں گے۔ کاش یہ ہدایت اختیار کرنے والے ہوتے (64)

Al-Qasas, Ayah 64

Yet he also says

إِنَّكَ لَا تَهۡدِی مَنۡ أَحۡبَبۡتَ وَلَـٰكِنَّ ٱللَّهَ یَهۡدِی مَن یَشَاۤءُۚ وَهُوَ أَعۡلَمُ بِٱلۡمُهۡتَدِینَ ﴿ ٥٦ ﴾

• ابوالاعلی مودودی:

اے نبیؐ ، تم جسے چاہو اُسے ہدایت نہیں دے سکتے، مگر اللہ جسے چاہتا ہے ہدایت دیتا ہے اور وہ اُن لوگوں کو خُوب جانتا ہے جو ہدایت قبول کرنے والے ہیں۔ (56)

Al-Qasas, Ayah 56

if Allah SWT decrees, then why the word “کاش” in ayah 64 used? As if a person had free will? Since even his prophet PBUH does not have a say who is enlightened (56), what free will a common man has? I am confused. Kindly guide me please.

JazakAllah.

Rafi Sheikh replied 2 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • FreeWill And Law Of Guidance And Error

Rafi Sheikh updated 2 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator November 17, 2021 at 6:45 am

Hidayat-o-Zalalat is based on Allah’s Law of Guidance and Error which has been categorized as Sunnat of Allah by Ghamidi Sahab. This law is based on overall behaiour of an individual in front of truth. If a person decides upon evading guidance ingrained in his nature, refuses to use his intellect, and deliberately deviates from the truth, then in the words of the Quran this is zulm (wronging the soul) and fisq (defiance) and the Almighty never guides a person who continues to wrong his soul and persists in defiance and He leaves him to wander in the darkness of error and misguidance Therefore, in the translation, the brackets are added:

(یہ اِس کے باوجود نہیں مانیں گے، اِس لیے زیادہ پریشان نہ ہو، اے پیغمبر)۔ تم جن کو چاہو، ہدایت نہیں دے سکتے، بلکہ اللہ ہی جسے چاہتا ہے، (اپنے قانون کے مطابق) ہدایت دیتا ہے اور وہی خوب جانتا ہے اُن کو جو ہدایت پانے والے ہیں۔

(Quran 28:56)

To understand the law in detail in the light of Quran, please refer to the following thread:

Discussion 22255

For short comments of Ghamidi Sahab, please refer to the video below from 28:14 to 30:06

https://youtu.be/Ig5PCrny0V0?t=1694

• Rafi Sheikh

Member November 17, 2021 at 7:41 am

MashAllah nicely explained. JazakAllah!

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register