Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Washing The Feet After Istinja?

Tagged: 

• Washing The Feet After Istinja?

Posted by Haseeb Faisal on November 20, 2021 at 5:12 pm

Asalamualaikum,

I came across the following excerpt:

Wash your feet after Istinja

While using water for Istinja, some water usually splashes over the ankles and feet. Hence take the precaution of cleaning them by washing [after you are done with the Istinja]. Be careful that the water does not splash on your clothes and other parts while washing the ankles and feet.”

Is there any truth to this? I thought that the water that splashes from istinjaa is considered pure anyway?

JazakAllah

Haseeb Faisal replied 2 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 27 Replies
  • 27 Replies
  • Washing The Feet After Istinja?

Haseeb Faisal updated 2 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 27 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar November 21, 2021 at 1:00 am

There is no specification. If one needs to do that one can do.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member November 21, 2021 at 5:57 pm

JazakAllah Dr. Irfan Shahzad! But in general, is water that splashes off private parts during istinjaa considered to be pure? Or do I have to clean it off?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar November 22, 2021 at 6:33 am

Water gets contaminated only when it involves something filthy.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member November 22, 2021 at 8:50 am

JazakAllah Dr. Irfan Shahzad. But, how can I tell if water involves something filthy? In most cases, it’s unclear where the splashes are coming from.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar November 27, 2021 at 4:10 am

If body parts are already have some filth on them and water runs on them, it get filthy, otherwise not.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member November 27, 2021 at 6:38 pm

Okay, I see. JazakAllah. And I can just ignore it if I am unsure?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar November 28, 2021 at 11:55 pm

one should have a solid and valid reason to doubt, not that one should have reason not to doubt. if unsure, you need not to worry.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member November 29, 2021 at 8:38 pm

JazakAllah Dr. Irfan Shahzad. That makes a lot of sense.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member January 21, 2022 at 6:57 pm

Asalamualaikum Dr. Irfan Shahzad,

I want to clarify a point that you made. You said that “one should have a solid and valid reason to doubt”. My question is that even if one has a solid and valid reason to doubt that they have been contaminated by impurity (e.g., urine, faces, etc.) while using the bathroom, can they still ignore this doubt unless they are absolutely certain that they have impurity on themselves? This is whether one suspects impurity from splashes from the toilet bowl or any other reason.

I am asking this question because I feel that indulging doubts even if they are strong and valid can lead to problems in the long run because every doubt will seem strong and valid.

JazakAllah for all your efforts and help!

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 24, 2022 at 2:40 am

In your case, i have advised to ignore your doubts. this is the way to get rid of them. Religion is easy, we are obliged to clean ourselves when it comes to our notices that some uncleanliness happened. we are not obliged to hunt and search uncleanliness to remove it.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member January 24, 2022 at 6:59 am

JazakAllah Dr. Irfan Shehzad. Yes, I will try to ignore these doubts. Generally speaking, should a person always ignore doubts even if they are strong doubts, unless they are certain that there is uncleanliness?

• Ali

Member January 24, 2022 at 8:43 am

Salam,
      I was wondering, I mean generally we are all sitting on toilet seat while washing, so all water falls down, and while at home some of us may even remove our pyjamas I dont think water can splash.
      I see no possibility of water splashing on legs etc, unless perhaps if one is forced to use a WC squat toilet, and that too a small one and inside a very narrow room. Since if one is using WC, then one’s legs will be close to the toilet.

But yeah, I completely agree the habit of doubting is super super super dangerous.

Btw haseeb sahab I didnt answer u previously when u advised me to watch the Namaz ke bahais fuqah kai han video, I was worried perhaps ppl might not like to see excessivle long threads of conversation inside the post. Moreover since this is publicly visible so I cut my conversation and even refused to say Thanks.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 24, 2022 at 10:24 pm

Doubts are doubts. ignore them unless you notices some solid evidence to believe .

• Haseeb Faisal

Member January 24, 2022 at 10:49 pm

JazakAllah Dr. Irfan Shahzad. Do you mind giving me one or two examples of solid evidence? Just for my comfort.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 25, 2022 at 11:02 pm

when you see real filth on your body or cloths.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member January 26, 2022 at 8:14 am

But Dr. Irfan Shahzad, it can be difficult to tell the difference between urine and water. So in this case we can say that there isn’t solid evidence of filth?

Also, basically you are saying that a person has to be certain that there is filth, otherwise ignore it. Correct?

JazakAllah

• Habiba Zafar

Member January 26, 2022 at 2:56 pm

Assalam O Alaikum

@Haseeb I want to share my personal opinion about all this stuff….I have heard that giving an opinion is an ammanah…and one shoukd give it wisely…brother,I am suffering from purification OCD for last 3 years and I am also suffering from scrupulosity OCD for 1 and half year now..I have waswaas about my aqeedah, my Salah My purity and what not.I just want to mention that it all started the when I started thinking about minor details and started to invest sooo much time in doing wudu ghusal and offering salah…at first i thought that I was becoming a better muslimah but then after about 6 months I realized that i have OCD and i was not able to overcome the fear of having Najasah on my clothes…i was used to spend sooo much time in washroom washing everything and changing clothes day and night…I have many discussions about purity and najasah in whivh you were asking the question….I being a muslim literally felt an obligation to humbly WARN you that brother…trust me…shaitan is messing up.with you…he is playing with you badly…he just wants to make islam sooo difficult and apparently impractical for you…please STOP YOURSELF…Just ask yourself is Allah really wanting this?…Am i being obsessional?…and if your answer is yes then please STOP IMMEDIATELY…its a viscious cycle which will start from here and enter everywhere in your life…it ruined me but i didn’t know this at that time…I dont want another soul to suffer this way…so please dont think soo much…do your best…trust Allah…he knows yiur niyah…and plesse remember that Hazrat Muhammad SAW was the BEST …his istinja was perfect…he didn’t have washroom and toilets and handshowers kr muslim showers at that time…we being a normal being waste soo much of water…If his istinja, ghussaletc was accepted have faith that ours will be accepted as well

.In Shaa Allah….hope I helped my ghamidhi family a little bit😊

• Habiba Zafar

Member January 26, 2022 at 2:58 pm

Sorry for all the spelling mistakes my phone I typed really quickly

• Habiba Zafar

Member January 26, 2022 at 3:00 pm

I meant to write

“Sorry for spelling mistakes my phone got hanged because i typed quicly🙃

• Habiba Zafar

Member January 26, 2022 at 3:19 pm

At last I want to add something…look brother islam is an easy religion it is the ONLY practical religion which has ever been existed…dont ever forget the essence of islam…have a good niyyah and do your best…you shoukd have khushu n khuzuu in your ibbadah…Sheikh AssimAlhakeem has reolied many questions according to istinja you may go and watch his videos on youtube on this topic…he explained how CERTAINITY IS NOT OVERRULED BY DOUBT…And in my opinion do also watch “Allah intends easy by sheikh yasir qadhi” its a short clip it will really help you IA

• Haseeb Faisal

Member January 27, 2022 at 8:35 am

JazakAllah Ms. Habiba,

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences and thoughts with me. It’s very kind of you. Yes, I’m trying to ignore these thoughts. I’m always worried that I’ll be held accountable, but I think I have flaws in my line of reasoning. I definitely intend on making positive change. Thank you so much again for your kindness!

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 26, 2022 at 11:51 pm

In young age I too suffered from the problem for sometime but then I realized all this takes place in mind not in reality. The best remedy is to simply ignore the doubts unless something real happens

• Haseeb Faisal

Member January 27, 2022 at 8:36 am

JazakAllah Dr. Irfan Shahzad. Okay, I will keep this in mind. I will ignore all of these thoughts unless I am 100% certain that something has happened, be it in impurity or worship. Have I understood your point correctly?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 27, 2022 at 11:36 pm

Of course we are talking in relation to impurity and worship

• Haseeb Faisal

Member January 28, 2022 at 8:47 am

JazakAllah Dr. Irfan Shahzad. Sorry, what I meant to confirm was that you are basically saying that I need to ignore all of my doubts. I only need to take action if I am 100% certain that something has happened. Correct?

• Habiba Zafar

Member January 29, 2022 at 11:10 am

Assalam O Alaikum!….@Haseeb my pleasure brother…the only reason about telling you my truth was to make you realize that how destructive waswaas can be….you have no idea how painful OCD is in real life…unfortunately our social media glorify OCD as being very neat and clean and organized….and this is not the truth at all…my only request to all those people who are suffering from this is that please comprehend shaitan’s scheme…he wants to make islam very difficult for us…he wants to limit islam for us in just “PAAK” and “NAJAS”… Islam is way more beautiful than this…imagine brother if our prophet Hazrat Muhammad SAW bothered about purity sooo much then was it practically possible for him to spread islam the way he did?…please brother dont ever lose the essence of islam…

There is a monster inside you…the more you bother about waswaas the more you feed that monster…as you feed the monster it becomes bigger and bigger…you need to starve that monster…

Iam not saying that one should not bother about purity and perfection in salah and other rituals but one should not be obsessional about them….

You need to trust Allah you need to love him that he knows your niyyah and he wont ever judge you more than your capacity…so have a good niyyah and a pure heart…and you should make your relationship with Allah emotionally strong…he has angels to pray for him perfectly! He never demanded such a perfection from us which is not humanly possible….

At last I will humbly request to take all this really seriouly …or else brother these waswaas will bother you in every aspect of life(spirtual life,social life,academic or career life and what not)….I again repeat please try not to bother about these waswaas ..it will be difficult in the begining as it has become a compulsion for you but trust me you need to stop…Our Rab never wants us to suffer…making our selves mentally disturbed this way is not a part of Islam…I know how much it hurts…

It was just a humble effort…Allah knows best …..All the best to all the sufferers😊

• Haseeb Faisal

Member January 29, 2022 at 11:09 pm

JazakAllah Ms. Habiba. You are absolutely right. This is something that I’ve observed as well. The more I pay attention to my doubts, the worse they get. On the other hand, when I begin ignoring them, it becomes easier for me. At this point, I am trying hard to ignore my doubts, even though it is difficult. I am only clarifying points that are lingering in my mind because of internet fatwas that I’d read a month or few back. Otherwise, I make an effort to ignore any new doubts that come to mind.

I really, really appreciate your kindness and you sharing this information with me. It no doubt helps a lot. Your information is definitely very valuable and something I should ponder over!

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register