Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Insurance – Additional Payout

Tagged: ,

• Insurance – Additional Payout

Posted by Abdullah AbdulRahman on November 21, 2021 at 12:13 pm

Assalamualaikum

As i have understood Ghamidi sahab he says insurance is ok,but in that we get so much money that is not ours e.g i insured my house and gave some 2 million, now my house burned they gave me a new house of 50 million?

Faisal Haroon replied 2 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Insurance – Additional Payout

Faisal Haroon updated 2 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 21, 2021 at 12:38 pm

There are no insurance companies that payout $50 million for $2 million insured amount. What they generally payout is the replacement cost which may include an amount for inconvenience and lost time. There’s nothing impermissible about it.

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member November 21, 2021 at 1:52 pm

This may be was an exaggerated example,but if even 1 rupee they give us which we haven’t deposited to them,how can that be halal?And on the other hand if for example i have insured my house and gave money, but nothing happened to house, isn’t it a waste?So in insurance the money of one person goes to the other which he hasn’t earned?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 21, 2021 at 2:17 pm

I have insured my house and gave money, but nothing happened to house, isn’t it a waste

Not really. You insure against a potential future damage. There’s nothing impermissible about it in Islam.

the money of one person goes to the other which he hasn’t earned

The idea is that the same person will pay his share to help someone else in the future. There’s nothing impermissible about it in Islam either.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register