Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Speaking Lewdness And Its Prohibition

Tagged: ,

• Speaking Lewdness And Its Prohibition

• Umer

Moderator November 22, 2021 at 5:47 am

Please refer to the video below from 36:54 to 40:27 as to where to draw line when it comes to ‘Fawahish‘.

https://youtu.be/eHsk_9mjxLQ?t=2214

• Mohamed Mushaf

Member November 23, 2021 at 11:06 am

Jazakallahu khair brother.but can you give me a short summarization because i didnt understand it pretty well?

• Umer

Moderator November 24, 2021 at 2:28 pm

Fawahish” are prohibited in Quran and include fornication, homosexuality, bestiality and all other sins of similar nature. The word فَوَاحِشَ comprehensively includes exposing the private parts before others, spreading details of sexual nature or fornication. Therefore, any talk which involves such a discussion is to be considered as prohibited.

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member January 8, 2022 at 6:14 am

In that regard specially in urdu, poets uses the face of mahboob,like that cheeks,lips,forehead and so on,is it included in fawahish? Because these can also provoke that our strong aesthetic sense.

Secondly these things may (or surely) increase the expectancy of a person so he may expect from his/her spouse that qualities which can be dangerous(for family institution)?

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member January 8, 2022 at 6:18 am

And thirdly specially for youngsters who are not married and confront opposite gender in society, isn’t it dangerous for them(because these can provoke that feelings, and makes person to fantasize), or i didn’t get the real point?

• Umer

Moderator January 8, 2022 at 9:54 pm

If you think these things can cause such a negative impact then you’re free to stay away from them. However, there’s no such prohibition in Islam unless it falls in Fawahish Category.

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member January 9, 2022 at 12:00 am

👍

The discussion "Speaking Lewdness And Its Prohibition" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now