Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Is The Farahi School Ashari?

Tagged: ,

• Is The Farahi School Ashari?

Posted by Aayan Zubairi on November 27, 2021 at 8:44 am

Assalam u Alaikum, When a student of knowledge delves into the Islamic sciences, he after learning the basics encounters many schools of thought. After navigating through the schools of fiqh, he comes across the schools of Aqeedah.

The Ahle Sunnah are divided amongst 3 main groups, the Asharia, the Maturidiya, and the Athari (Salafi). My question is, each of them in their respective positions seems to have a point. I would like to ask what Ghamidi sahab’s opinion is regarding all of them and whether he follows or leans towards a group. Lastly, I would ask for a list of books that may help me study theology. Thank you.

Umer replied 2 years, 4 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Is The Farahi School Ashari?

Umer updated 2 years, 4 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • ودود

Member November 27, 2021 at 10:26 am

None

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 27, 2021 at 12:52 pm

Farahi scholars attempt to understand religion on the basis of the Quran and the Sunnah rather than aligning with any philosophical schools of thought. The best book to study theology is the Quran. For Ghamidi sahab’s understanding of theology and Islam in general, you can read Meezan and listen to his Meezan and Al-Bayan lectures.

• Umer

Moderator November 27, 2021 at 3:41 pm

For comments of Ghamidi Sahab, please refer to the video below from 1:16:45 to 1:21:00

• Umer

Moderator November 27, 2021 at 3:41 pm

Please also refer to the video below from 1:12:27 to 1:13:22

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register