Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Quran 78:33 (Quran Talking About Blessings For Men Only)

• Quran 78:33 (Quran Talking About Blessings For Men Only)

Posted by Zayf Shakir on November 29, 2021 at 5:44 am

In this verse Allah mentions ” and full-bosomed maidens of equal age”

So the believers on the day of judgement will get “big breasted unmarried girls” ! I mean just not talk about anything about this reward but what about “believer women” wouldn’t they get anything?

Now i have heard GHAMIDI sir say that “Hoor” doesn’t mean a “girl” it’s an adjective not a gender specified word. But this verse is only talking about the reward which men would get!

That’s how God motivates people for jannat?

I am struggling with my faith and questions like these need to be answered with clearance. Please anyone!

Umer replied 2 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Quran 78:33 (Quran Talking About Blessings For Men Only)

Umer updated 2 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator November 29, 2021 at 6:02 am

Please refer to the following response by Ghamidi Sahab from 28:38 to 37:00

Discussion 38044 • Reply 38044

• Zayf Shakir

Member November 29, 2021 at 6:22 am

Things that i have understood are :

1: Hoor is an adjective and no new creation will be in heaven but this world’s men and women

2: Allah has not discussed the same rewards for women keeping women’s mindset, thought process and psychological reasons

So Hoor is basically this world’s woman and 70 will be rewarded to man! And that’s when the man wants them but will the consent of those 70 girls be considered? What if a man wants a particular girl and she doesn’t want him! We get whatever we ask for in heaven so what will be the result?

1: His wish would not be fulfilled and in this case heaven loses it’s quality

2: Girl’s consent doesn’t matter

• Ahsan

Moderator November 29, 2021 at 10:50 am

Where it is written 70 hoors will be given? Plz go through the thread which Umer sb has recommended.|
      To understand completely about Hoor concept, refer to this thread Discussion 50657

Also refer to this video
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVfnoDWqIRk

• Umer

Moderator November 30, 2021 at 4:21 am

1) It cannot be said with certainty whether hur is going to be woman of this world or some new creation. Ghamidi Sahab is more inclined towards the former than latter.

2) This statement is not correct i.e. “Allah has not discussed the same rewards for women keeping women’s mindset“…

Allah has discussed the same reward for women of Jannah too, the difference is only in the way of expressing those rewards considering the nature of women.

3) Ghamidi Sahab has categorically mentioned in the video I shared above that there is no mention of 70 hurs anywhere in reliable sources of religion. One thing that needs to be understood about Jannah is the fact that it belongs to unseen world which is yet to be created, and we have been given very limited knowledge about its content and its mechanism based on our limited view of this world, that is why it is known as ‘amoor-e-mutashabihaat‘. Therefore the only certain things are principle statements given w.r.t Jannah and one of such statements is:

إِنَّ الَّذِيْنَ قَالُوْا رَبُّنَا اللَّهُ ثُمَّ اسْتَقَامُوْا تَتَنَزَّلُ عَلَيْهِمُ الْمَلَائِكَةُ أَلَّا تَخَافُوْا وَلَا تَحْزَنُوْا وَأَبْشِرُوْا بِالْجَنَّةِ الَّتِیْ كُنْتُمْ تُوعَدُوْنَ. نَحْنُ أَوْلِيَاؤُكُمْ فِی الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا وَفِی الْآخِرَةِ وَلَكُمْ فِيْهَا مَا تَشْتَهِیْ أَنْفُسُكُمْ وَلَكُمْ فِيهَا مَا تَدَّعُونَ. نُزُلًا مِّنْ غَفُوْرٍ رَّحِيْمٍ.

On the contrary, those who acknowledged: “God is our Lord,” then remained steadfast on it [disregarding all opposition,] angels will surely descend on them [for their assurance on the Day of Judgement before the verdict is passed] and say: “Now, neither show any fear nor sorrow and accept the glad tidings of the Paradise that you used to be promised. We remained your companions in the life of the world and are also your companions in the life of the Hereafter. [The paradise whose glad tidings We are giving you] has everything in it which your heart will desire and has everything that you demand – as a means of entertainment for you from Him, Who is very forgiving; ever-merciful. (Quran 41:30-32)

(Excerpt from Quranic Exegesis: Javed Ahmed Ghamidi)

(Translated by Dr. Shehzad Saleem)

God who can create such Jannah, surely can tackle the issue of freewill of men and women in Jannah aswell.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register