Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Covering The Head During Salah/Namaz

• Covering The Head During Salah/Namaz

Umer updated 2 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator December 6, 2021 at 1:49 pm

According to Ghamidi Sahab, it is derived from Hadith but is in accordance with Quran where the Muslims are directed to safeguard the prayer, it has said: وَ قُوْمُوا لِِلّهِِ قَانِتِيْنْ (and stand before the Almighty with great respect,(2:238)). Therefore, a person should be decently and appropriately dressed while praying. The Prophet (sws) is reported to have said that if there is only one cloth, it should not be worn in a manner that some of its portion is not on the shoulder. He has similarly said that Allah does not accept the prayer of mature women who do not wear a cloak during the prayer. All these Adaab fall within this directive of Quran.

Please also see:

Discussion 60670 • Reply 60698

• ABDULLAH Malik

Member December 7, 2021 at 2:13 pm

Salam brother . I ask you to give clear quran ayah or hadith or sahaba actions where it show that there is not need for woman to cover her head . . JazkALLAH

• Umer

Moderator December 7, 2021 at 2:19 pm

You have to go through the response shared and the links provided in the resposne to get a glimpse of how Farahi School approaches Hadith Corpus. It is an epistemological matter which requires an academic study in this regard if you’re genuinely seeking details.

• Umer

Moderator December 6, 2021 at 1:50 pm

You can also refer to the following portion of Meezan on Etiquette of the Prayer:

https://www.javedahmedghamidi.org/#!/mizan/5aa6a4315e891e8f44a45788?chapterNo=4&subChapterNo=0&subChsecNo=10&lang=en

• Mumin Ahmad

Member December 6, 2021 at 2:38 pm

Thank you for your reply sir

I have gone through the principles of understanding hadiths on this app. From them I understood that

1) A hadith should have a correct chain of transmission

2) It shouldn’t be contradicting the Qur’an and the Sunnah

3) It should be understood in accordance with the Quranic framework

4) It should go against established facts.

Now the hadith about the prayer of a woman not being accepted without a khimaar satisfies all of the above criteria. How is then praying without a khimaar for women just an adab and not a requirement ?There’s nothing in the Qur’an that goes against this hadith (to the best of my knowledge) and even if we view this hadith from the lens of Qur’an, it still means the same thing.

Also,how do we know if this hadith means that a woman should cover her head for prayer because khimaar is a sheet of clot?I know that it was generally used to cover the head but the hadith doesn’t mention anything about where to place the khimaar. Because when it comes to the khimaar ayat of Surah An-Nur , Ghamidi Sahab says that khimaar is just to be put on the bosom and not on the head, even though it was originally used to cover the head. How do we resolve this apparent contradiction?

Please help me with this confusion

Thank you

• Umer

Moderator December 6, 2021 at 2:48 pm

May be I am not good at explaining stuff, but my understanding of the matter lies here:

Discussion 60670 • Reply 60698

Hopefully someone else would be able to explain it in a much better way.

Or you can ask your question directly to Ghamidi Sahab, this may clear the confusion that you’re facing:

Discussion 60912

The discussion "Covering The Head During Salah/Namaz" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now