Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Polytheism Before Monotheism

• Polytheism Before Monotheism

Posted by Daniyaa Khan on December 7, 2021 at 7:28 pm

How I can answer and explain someone with references, proof as well as logics who told me that polytheism come first than monotheism (Tawhid) with the reference of many theories studies and by many other beliefs like human created these beliefs by his own fear and polytheism came first after that because of that polytheism monotheism belief came into existence?

Daniyaa Khan replied 2 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Polytheism Before Monotheism

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 7, 2021 at 9:35 pm

There are no references or proofs of such an ideology. In the light of evidence the most that can be said is that during a certain period in history polytheism gained more popularity, just like atheism is becoming popular these days.

• Daniyaa Khan

Member December 8, 2021 at 9:59 am

But it’s not the proper answer I can give as a muslim In a gathering.

I want logical reference and explanation according to my religion and history etc. You can’t give this answer as a muslim to a non muslim. As you are saying by evidence that can be said is polytheism gained popularity it’s going to be in their favour they are going to justify thier view and asking me also and as a muslim I’m not feeling like just saying I have no proof what proof I have says your believe gained popularity is there nothing my religion, history or anything that support my view as well if history evidences support thier view right and in my opinion there are proof of polytheism then there should be evidences and proof that monotheism came first than polytheism.

• Umer

Moderator December 8, 2021 at 2:03 pm

Monotheism cannot be traced back through archaeological studies as there can be no remnants of monotherism (considering the nature of monotheism as it doesn’t leave traces the way polytheism leaves them). Polytheism on the other hand, leaves a lot of remnants to be found via archaeological studies (e.g. idols, sculptures, portraits and other polytheistic artefacts). And when such remnants are found, and none are found for monotheism, the theories of monotheism evolving from polytheism emerged. This is because of lack of proper understanding of monotheism.

For comments of Ghamidi Sahab, please refer to the video below from 21:53 to 26:01

• Daniyaa Khan

Member December 9, 2021 at 11:05 am

Jazak Allah

The discussion "Polytheism Before Monotheism" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now