Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Should Parents Allow Their Children To Watch Movies?.

• Should Parents Allow Their Children To Watch Movies?.

Posted by Mohammed Zubair Alam on December 9, 2021 at 10:58 am

My point is nowadays movies which are made especially for children, teens contains some types of kissing or inappropriate scenes. Not only in movies even advertisement.Also in western countries kissing in public is considered normal.

So should parents allow their children to watch such movies?. Usually not only we muslims but people from other religions prevent their children from immoral and bad acts cause young children get affected easily but after certain age can a parent allow them to watch?. Cause If they watch it at a certain age then at that time they won’t be affected If they would have been educated on the basis of right and wrong. Also If they would have been taught good things and also made to involve in good things then even if they got affected they would be out from the affection sooner or later.

As the world is going , parents himself watch movies with them. But I think If the moral and the majority part of the movie is good and they have alsoo been taught about wrong and bad things then they would never be affected.

I think the whole matter will be based on understandings, Judgement, capablity and most important present situation of a parent at that time.

By the way I am a student and not a parent😬😂 but I am just being curious and having questions🙂 Idk why even I am havings my exams.

Mohammed Zubair Alam replied 2 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Should Parents Allow Their Children To Watch Movies?.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 10, 2021 at 1:23 am

We are living in the age of IT and of diversity of culture. We can’t avoid encountering such things which go against our moral values. All we need is to educate ourselves and our children about the morality and let our children choose good among the bad. On such scene a reaction of dislike serves good for the kids.

• Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member December 10, 2021 at 1:41 am

That’s what I was thinking🤔. Thank you for the scholarly opinion.

But reaction of dislike maybe not always possible. Also skipping scenes are also not always possible. I’ve seen most of the parents tend to react nothing on such scenes. Maybe just avoiding reactions or to avoid talks about such things are more desirable for them as a parent.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register