Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Old Women Exposing Their Breasts In Public Places?

Tagged: , , ,

• Old Women Exposing Their Breasts In Public Places?

Posted by Jubair Ahmed on December 9, 2021 at 11:07 am

I recently watched a video of an Islamic preacher on Youtube where he was arguing that people who believe that the khimar verse (24:31) only orders women to cover their chest but not the hair, according to their logic old women can show their breasts in public. Because verse 24:60 allows old women to take off their outer clothes, and if verse 24:31 commands women to only cover their breasts & not heads, then according to 24:60 it will be completely okay for old women to show their breasts in public.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU0b8sRx1hw

Now, as far as I’m aware, Ustadh Javed Ahmad Ghamidi does not believe that covering the head is mandatory for women. I also follow the opinion of Ghamidi sahib on hijab, but this video got me confused. How does Javed Ahmad Ghamidi sahib explain verse 24:60? & how correct is the logic of this preacher in this video?

Jubair Ahmed replied 2 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Old Women Exposing Their Breasts In Public Places?

Jubair Ahmed updated 2 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator December 9, 2021 at 3:50 pm

The covering of breasts fall under وَ یَحْفَظْنَ فُرُوْجَھُنَّ directive(covering of private parts and covering of parts annexed right next to private parts to ensure proper and complete covering of privates) and not under directive of Khimar which relates to covering of embellishments of chest area in front of Na-Mehram. The exception given to older women relate to this latter directive related to Khimar, they are still required to cover their breasts under وَ یَحْفَظْنَ فُرُوْجَھُنَّ directive.

Hopefully, following discussion will be helpful in this regard. In case of any confusion, please do ask a follow-up question:

Discussion 60993

• Jubair Ahmed

Member December 9, 2021 at 11:50 pm

Ok, so it means that the old women are allowed to expose the embellishments & jewellery of neckline & chest but young women aren’t?

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register