Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums World Religions Apostasy Penalty In Bible

• Apostasy Penalty In Bible

Posted by Abdullah AbdulRahman on December 13, 2021 at 11:51 am

ASSALAMUALAIKUM

As Ghamidi sahab is more critical and open to Bible,what does he says about apostasy which he been in Biblical tradition(in the practical tawatur of people of book(if i am not wrong)) also and in Deuteronomy 13:6 and onwards with such words that “you shall not consent to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him or conceal him” 13:8,was it also for the people who got Itmam e Hujjah i.e completion of evidence?

Umer replied 2 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Apostasy Penalty In Bible

Umer updated 2 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 13, 2021 at 6:57 pm

Deuteronomy 13 is about punishment for those who rebellion against God once God’s existence was proven to Bani Israel beyond any reasonable doubt. God had promised them that they shall be redeemed out of slavery and His promise came true when against all odds they were pulled out of Egypt. After this anyone who would motivate others to worship a false god would in fact be a considered a rebel and would be punished for fasad-fil-ard.

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member December 15, 2021 at 1:47 pm

But this is not how Jews have understood it.As far as i know(not confirm(you can confirm it with some good reference, please))but Jews and Christians both had a tradition of killing apostate based on his apostasy not the basis of fasad fil ard?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 15, 2021 at 3:07 pm

That doesn’t change anything.

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member December 16, 2021 at 5:25 am

How, because these are the old Muslims nations,they also got revelation from God?

• Umer

Moderator December 16, 2021 at 4:50 pm

For comments of Ghamidi Sahab on a question of a similar nature on Blasphemy, please refer to the video below from 21:32 to 23:54

https://youtu.be/mhpzbUsQPlk?t=1292

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register