Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Amazon Boxes For Fixed Amounts

Tagged: 

• Amazon Boxes For Fixed Amounts

Posted by Momin Khan on December 14, 2021 at 4:16 am

Aslam o alikum

Sir now a days there is some people who sell an a Amazon Box for fixed amount. This box is full of different kind of things and you don’t know that what actually inside it. The things which are inside maybe too expensive. So this kind of purchasing is ok? or its also come in the lottery.

Thanks you

Umer replied 2 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Amazon Boxes For Fixed Amounts

Umer updated 2 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • Nadeem Minhas

Member December 14, 2021 at 11:01 am

I am a student. In my opinion all games of chance are prohibited. This seems to be a game of chance as well. You may get lucky and find a box with much more expensive items than what you paid for and other times, the items may be much less worth than the price paid.

• Umer

Moderator December 18, 2021 at 4:45 pm

It is difficult to comment on this arrangement based on limited information. It would be helpful if you could add further details like whether the seller is aware of the contents inside the box, does the box contain used items, is the seller a company/supplier or a private person, is this a part of the company’s promotion deal etc. etc.

But to understand what is gambling and the rationale behind it’s prohibition, please refer to the following responses of Ghamidi Sahab:

Discussion 60454 • Reply 60491

Discussion 60454 • Reply 60492

• Nadeem Minhas

Member December 19, 2021 at 6:21 pm

Brother Umer, the seller is a private party who is aware of the contents, but the buyer has no knowledge of contents. I have seen many people buying these boxes for thousands of dollars and contents are either junk or worth much less than the price. I have to yet see a box with contents worth more than the price.

The second kind of boxes are sold by Amazon. People bid on these boxes. The boxes contains returns. Amazon doesn’t know the value or the quality of the products. It may contain brand new items, some with missing parts , some useless junk and some may be able made sellable after repairs. In this case neither seller has an idea of the value of contents nor buyer has any clue. It is pure luck.

• Umer

Moderator December 20, 2021 at 3:15 pm

Thank you Nadeem Sahab for filling me in on the details. This was really helpful as I previously had no idea regarding details of this arragement. This puts me in a much better position to take scholarly insight on both these arrangements as well.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register