Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Adornments After Proper Covering The Chest.

Tagged: , ,

• Adornments After Proper Covering The Chest.

Posted by Mohammed Zubair Alam on December 15, 2021 at 2:55 am

Sorry To ask this question again but I’m still unable to understand this ruling completely.

Some of the reasons why I am unable to accept this ruling.

1). The ruling is to cover the bosom, so when someone cover it properly then after that how can someone get attracted ?

A) If a women wear loose garment like abaya and wear a jewellery around her neck which goes down her chest. So in this case how can someone get attracted?.

B)when we gift someone, we cover the gift properly. And we cover the gift with attractive coverings. Even after covering the gift we adorn over that. In this case no one can see the curves neither the shap of the actual thing which is inside the gift.

2). Women generally don’t wear such long jewelleries around their neck. But in marriage ceremonies it’s a cultural norm for bride in India, Pakistan and some asian countries to wear long and heavy jewelleries aroun their neck. They don’t wear it to sexually attract other people but it’s considered to be a modest cultural norm in these countries.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 2 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Adornments After Proper Covering The Chest.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 2 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 9 Replies
  • Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member December 20, 2021 at 6:36 am

@Irfan76 can you clarify me on this topic . It’s disturbing and also confusing🤔. Also can one have different opinion on this matter?. I generally feel it’s absolutely okay if it’s socially accepted in a modest way.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 21, 2021 at 11:37 pm

Bosom is something which is specifically mentioned to cover with veil if adorned. the rest of the adornments which may come under the category of Illa ma Zahar minha, can have different forms for different decent norms of cultures, as the words are open, “that what is (usually) left open”.

• Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member December 22, 2021 at 12:02 am

But Can I know the reason?.

As I’ve stated above If someone cover it properly and wear garments above that on special occasions how can someone get attracted from the bosom. One can get attracted from the jewellery but not from the bosom. Also now on special occasions everyone wear it which is also accpeted in a society in a modest way.

Or I am misunderstanding the word of adorning bosom.

Some necklaces are very long which comes down the chest. So does it mean to adorn the bosom?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 22, 2021 at 12:58 am

Bosom is supposed to be covered already, it is the adornment on the bosom which is asked to be covered.

• Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member December 22, 2021 at 1:41 am

But Can I know the reason behind this ruling. I want to accept it but m unable to.

What does adornments on bosom mean?

As far as I know , long necklaces which comes down the bosom is known as adornments on bosom. But no decent people normally wear it to adorn the bosom .They wear it in the sense of adorning the neck not with the intention of attracting someone from their bosom. Also how will someone get attracted if the bosom is already covered with cloths properly. It’s just a cultural thing in many places in India where even old women wear it. And also it’s considered to be modest.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 25, 2021 at 1:03 am

It is extra attraction which is supposed to be hidden. This extra attraction is there, when extra adornment is done. casual adornment which does not arise extra attention may be exempted.

• Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member December 25, 2021 at 1:38 am

So again the Principle of “Socially accepted” thing is applying here.

As you said extra attention so it also varies right?.

Like, If I wear a heavy costly dress and attend a normal function, automatically I will get extra attention . But If wear the same dress on a occasion I won’t get that extra attention.

So I think If a women attend a marriage function and adorn her self in a way women does. So her extra adornments also won’t consider extra in a place where everyone does it. And it that case it will become casual. Also If will become socially acceptable to that particular time or place.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 29, 2021 at 12:22 am

Party make up is not casual, though normal, therefore extra attention principle will be applied

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 29, 2021 at 12:24 am

In the same way, on casual events, extra adornment falls in the same category

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register