Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia The Concept Of Pillars Of Prayer In The Context Of Sajda-e-Sehaw

Tagged: ,

• The Concept Of Pillars Of Prayer In The Context Of Sajda-e-Sehaw

Posted by Sana on December 15, 2021 at 10:54 pm

Ghamdi Sahb has effectively elaborated on how Sajda Sahw is to be performed. However, I am unclear if there are actions it cannot be performed for. The four major madhabs identify “pillars” of prayer that must be completed – and Sajda Sahw does not effectively correct for mistakes in those. I remember one video (linked below) where Ghamdi Sahb briefly mentioned “Wajibaat” of prayer, but I couldn’t heard properly due to the audio quality: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc361LuiQoI

Can someone please help me understand (i) Why the madhabs have these pillars and (ii) What Ghamdi Sahb’s views on these are?

I ask because as a very doubty person, I doubt multiple times in every prayer and the pillars add to the anxiety because I believe these are actions Sajda Sahw cannot compensate for. I know I should ignore doubts and am doing my best to avoid praying multiple prayers again repeatedly, but it’s easier said than done. Can someone please, please help me understand this?

Umer replied 2 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • The Concept Of Pillars Of Prayer In The Context Of Sajda-e-Sehaw

Umer updated 2 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Umer

Moderator December 16, 2021 at 5:18 pm

These wajibaat (pillars) of prayers have been mentioned in Fiqh, which is a work of scholars, nothing has been explicitly described by the Prophet Muhammad (Sws) himself. Therefore, these pillars and their categorization into wajibaat etc. has no basis whatsoever.

Ghamidi Sahab doesn not consider there to be any wajibaat of Salah, the way traditional fiqh does.

The principle of Sajda-e-Sehaw is very simple. If you can rectify your mistake/doubt, then do it and perform Sajda-e-Sehaw, and if rectification is not possible, then simply perform Sajda-e-Sehaw.

The whole point of Sajda-e-Sehaw is to save people the trouble of repeating prayers, becasue this compensates for their mistakes. If one has to repeat their prayyer, then what’s the point of Sajda-e-Sehaw in the first place.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register