Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Shamelessness In The Society Rendering Directives Of Surah Nur Ineffective

Tagged: , , ,

• Shamelessness In The Society Rendering Directives Of Surah Nur Ineffective

Posted by Abdullah AbdulRahman on December 18, 2021 at 11:02 am

Assalamualaikum

Ghamidi sahab says parda,hijab, in parties separate places for men and women these etc these are very good things but not wajib.But there are things which have become common i.e shamelessness.So in this time or environment,ok these are not obligatory by Quran but according to the situation which has come why doesn’t he say the time we are living in these things must must be taken in consideration. Like as a demand of time then when the situation will become ok,men and women would have enough knowledge of how Muslim men and women should be then even these things can be ignored. The examples he gives from the time of Sahabah and tabaieen,like these people were educated one and best of our ummah.So we can’t do qiyas of today’s people or time on these people as he says(tradition).

I hope you understand my argument. (Demand of the time)

Umer replied 2 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Shamelessness In The Society Rendering Directives Of Surah Nur Ineffective

• Umer

Moderator December 18, 2021 at 4:26 pm

This is somewhat the same argument used by Hanafi Fiqh that directives of Surah Ahzab relate to period of crisis (dor-e-fitan/fitnay ka dor) and are not permanent in nature but because the current period is also a period of crisis according to them, therefore faces should be covered all the times. If this logic is true, then it means that no period was ever a crisis free period according to them and by extension, this renders the Book of God incomplete and imperfect because God didn’t know there won’t ever be a crisis free period for Muslims in this world and yet He revealed the directives in Surah Nur (Muaz-Allah). Therefore, this logic doesn’t have any ground to hold.

If the directives of Surah Nur are observed in their letter and spirit, then there can never be any shamelessness in the society as depicted by you. Instead of coming around with arguments that have no relationship with Quran, I think its better that we educate the masses on the directives of Quran and the spirit behind these directives.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register