Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Irrelevance Of Certain Words Used In Darood E Ibrahimi

• Irrelevance Of Certain Words Used In Darood E Ibrahimi

Posted by Waqas on December 20, 2021 at 3:11 am

Salam,

I have seen some clips on Durood e Ibrahimi of Ghamidi sahib that Salam and Rehmat are interchangeable words. While I get that and that how Durood e Ibrahimi was given to us by Prophet Mohammad pbuh I still struggle in the understanding of these words and who can this be applied to.

To me these words appear more appropriate for living humans as the translation of this Durood suggests it. (… jaise ke rehmat bhaiji Ibrahim and Ibrahim ki aal per…) this is a past sentence while for Prophet Mohammad it is a present sentence.

At the time when this Durood was given to us, Prophet Mohammad was alive so it made sense. But how does it still apply to current date while Prophet Mohammad is no longer alive? And as he is not, should this not be re-worded in similar way that it is used for Prophet Ibrahim?

And if these words can be applied to the deceased, why such words were not used for Prophet Ibrahim? e.g (… jaise ke rehmet bhaijta he Ibrahim and Ibrahim ki aal per…)

Similarly the similar wordings are used in Attahiyatu part of Namaz.

Can you please shed some lights on this? I did try to search this forum and different channels but could not see anything that could give me these answers.

Waqas replied 2 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Irrelevance Of Certain Words Used In Darood E Ibrahimi

Waqas updated 2 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 20, 2021 at 5:34 am

We adopted these words as tradition. and they are still valid, however, we are not obliged to use these words specifically.

• Waqas

Member December 20, 2021 at 9:31 am

Thanks for taking your time but sorry to say that I feel this reply is not relevant to my questions. These words are in Quran as well. Adopting something in tradition should also have some meaning.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 21, 2021 at 11:32 pm

can you please specify your question.

• Waqas

Member December 22, 2021 at 9:05 am

Q1: is there any explanation of using a past tense for Prophet Ibrahim in Durood e Ibrahimi?

Q2: Are there any exact meaning of the words, Salamti, Rehmat, Barkat, Naimat, Fazal?

• Waqas

Member December 22, 2021 at 2:43 pm

To give you some more context around my Q1:

Hum abh bhi Prophet Mohammad ke liye Rehmat or Barkat ki dua kartay hein jabh ke wo is duniya mein nahi hein. Prophet Abrahim ke liye yahi dua Maazi ke jumlay mein he. Kia is ka matlabh yeh he keh un per Allah ki Rehmat or Barkat poori ho chuki he?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 25, 2021 at 12:31 am

کسی کے لیے رحمت کی دعا کرنا جیسا کہ ہم اپنے وفات شدگان کے لیے کرتے ہیں، رسول اللہ ﷺ کے لیے بھی کرتے ہیں

ابرایم علیہ السلام پر رحمت خداوندی ہونے کا علم خود اللہ کی طرف سے بتا دیا گیا تھا، انھیں دنیا میں بھی خدا کی رحمت ملی اور وفات کے بعد بھی ملنے کی یقین دہانی کرائی گئی۔ اس بنا پر اس درود میں اس کا حوالہ آ گیا کہ محمد رسول اللہ پر بھی وییسی ہی رحمت کر۔ آپ کے دور میں یہ درود رائج ہوا۔ اسی دعا کو ہم دہراتے ہیں۔

• Waqas

Member December 25, 2021 at 5:37 am

JazakAllah. Thank you

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register