A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Washing Limbs In Wudu Right To Left

Tagged: 

• Washing Limbs In Wudu Right To Left

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 2 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 20, 2021 at 5:30 am

Choosing right in every matter of purity and good is a sunnah of the prophet. if you miss it, then it is no problem, but deliberately doing it is wrong.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member February 26, 2022 at 12:26 am

Asalamualaikum Dr. Irfan Shahzad,

I know you said that one should wash from right to left. But is it also the same case for ghusl? Because I often wash my left ear first and then my right ear. During a shower there are so many body parts we are washing and quickly, so isn’t it unrealistic that one would wash right side first every time?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 27, 2022 at 2:56 am

This applies to limbs in pairs like hands and feet, arms and legs. As far as ears and eyes are concerned we wash both at once with both hands.

However it is just manner not compulsory.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member February 27, 2022 at 8:29 am

JazakAllah Dr. Irfan Shahzad,

This makes sense. For ears, I wash them both together during wudu. But during ghusl, I usually like to wash one ear at a time so that I can clean them more thoroughly.

But regarding you last point that “it is just manner not compulsory”, didn’t you say earlier that “deliberately doing it is wrong”. I’m just confused about that.

Thank you very much!

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 27, 2022 at 10:49 pm

deliberately means, that one know this is the preferred way and he defiantly or arrogantly go against it.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member February 27, 2022 at 11:19 pm

So Dr. Irfan Shahzad, if one cleans the left side of a limb/body part first because of their own preference and not because of arrogance or defiance, then there is no problem?

JazakAllah

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 28, 2022 at 12:19 am

This is all about manners. and manners are not something to make someone account for unless one is arrogant.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register