Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Slightly Mispronouncing Words During Salah

Tagged: ,

• Slightly Mispronouncing Words During Salah

Posted by Taj on December 28, 2021 at 3:08 pm

Most of the time during salah I feel like I slightly mispronounce words, sometimes it occurs when I get out of breath and most of the time it just happens naturally and it happens so quickly that I don’t get the time to rectify it then and there, for eg Allahu Akbar would sound like Allahu Akbaar, so in this case do I need to perform Sajda E Sahw? I also feel that I give too much importance to my pronunciations so much so that I would keep repeating it until it sounds perfect, I know it’s not a good thing but I can’t ignore it with the fear that my prayers won’t get accepted, so a little bit of help in this regard would be appreciated.

Umer replied 2 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Slightly Mispronouncing Words During Salah

Umer updated 2 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator December 28, 2021 at 4:03 pm

The best approach would be to stay focused in your Salah while reciting, and in case of any genuine mispronounciation (which you’re certain of as opposed to doubts about mispronounciation), try to rectify it, if possible, and perform two Sajda-e-Sehaw and if rectification is not possible, just simply perform two Sajda-e-Sehav at the end. If you have just doubts of mispronounciation, don’t pay heed to such doubts, ignore them and stay focused on the current portion of your Salah.

• Taj

Member December 29, 2021 at 3:19 am

So would it be okay to perform sajda e sahw in every prayer if there are mild mispronunciations? And would it be ok to perform sajda e sahw after the completion of prayer ie after doing salam?

• Umer

Moderator December 31, 2021 at 1:31 am

There is no hard and fast rule in this regard. If you think a certain minor rectification doesn’t necessitate a Sajda-e-Sehaw, you can opt to not do that. And if you think otherwise, then there’s no harm in doing Sajda-e-Sehaw.

Sajda-e-Sehaw can be performed either before Salam or after Salam. Both methods are fine. After completing Tashahhud, one can say Salam and perform two Sajdas or one can perform two sajdas before saying salam after completing tashahhud, and say salam after performce of those two sajdas.

Please see for details on Sajda-e-Sehaw:

https://www.javedahmedghamidi.org/#!/mizan/5aa6a4315e891e8f44a45788?chapterNo=4&subChapterNo=0&subChsecNo=9&lang=en

• Haseeb Faisal

Member December 31, 2021 at 6:50 am

If someone does sajda-e-sahw after the salam, do they once again do the salam after performing two prostrations? Is there any harm in that?

JazakAllah!

• Umer

Moderator December 31, 2021 at 7:17 am

There’s no point of saying Salam with that if done already.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member December 31, 2021 at 2:45 pm

Okay, got it. So would me saying “Allahu Akbar” to get up from the second sajdah into Tashahhud sitting position be the terminating event of sajda-e-sahw?

Also, if I perform sajda-e-sahw and later feel that it was not necessary, I don’t need to repeat the prayer or anything, correct?

• Umer

Moderator January 1, 2022 at 6:47 pm

Yes and yes.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register