Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Wearing Najis Clothes For Salah

Tagged: , ,

• Wearing Najis Clothes For Salah

Posted by Yusuf on December 28, 2021 at 8:31 pm

Can we pray wearing najis clothes…like if someone feels some urine drops/pre seminal discharge has left on his clothes…as touching and wearing najis things doesn’t invalidate wudu..I am just asking will this invalidate his/her prayer…or it won’t invalidates his/her prayer as cleaning oneself from impurity comes under good habbit as we should pray on clean clothes

Umer replied 1 year, 11 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Wearing Najis Clothes For Salah

Umer updated 1 year, 11 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • Yusuf

Member December 28, 2021 at 8:33 pm

• Umer

Moderator December 31, 2021 at 1:19 am

Since cleaning the body after excretion and urination (including madhi and mani) and Wuzu or Ceremonial Bath are requirments for Salah, therefore, it can be inferred that that the spirit of religion dictates that one’s clothes should also be clean from these things. But for Salah to be valid, the primary requirement is cleanliness of the body as mentioned above; clean and decent clothes fall under etiquettes of Salah and etiquettes should not be taken lightly. Since etiquettes are an integral part of us humans in every social spehere, therefore, it is difficult to assume a situation where such etiquettes are neglected by human beings intentionally when it comes to their relationship with God.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member May 1, 2022 at 1:08 pm

Asalamualaikum Mr. Umer Qureshi,

Based off what you’ve written here, I understand that one should do their utmost to have clean and decent clothes while performing Salah; however, the requirement is only for the body to be clean. One point I wanted to have clarified is that if one’s undergarments have impurity (madhi) on them and they wash themselves with water. So, at this point, their body is clean. But when they wear the undergarment again, would we just assume that the madhi hasn’t transferred back on to their body beyond a microscopic level through the water that remains on their body part (which they used to clean themselves)?

And again, no need to investigate – it is simply a matter of noticing impurity beyond a microscopic level that would require cleaning oneself again?

JazakAllah

• Umer

Moderator May 2, 2022 at 5:53 am

If one has cleaned both their body and their clothes (even through simply washing the effected area of cloth), then there is no reason to assume further spread of impurity.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member May 3, 2022 at 12:18 am

JazakAllah Mr. Umer Qureshi,

But I mean in the case that the clothes are still dirty but the body is clean.

• Umer

Moderator May 9, 2022 at 7:57 am

Please elaborate your point.

The discussion "Wearing Najis Clothes For Salah" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now