Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia What Should A Muslim's Approach Be Towards Suspicion Of Impurity?

Tagged: 

• What Should A Muslim's Approach Be Towards Suspicion Of Impurity?

Posted by Haseeb Faisal on December 29, 2021 at 2:42 pm

For example, if one doubts having emitted any impurity that would need to be cleaned off prior to performing salah (e.g., urine, madhi, etc.), is there an obligation to verify right away (or at least prior to salah)? Or does this depend on the degree of doubt? In many cases it may be the remains of water used in istinjaa.

JazakAllah

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 2 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 23 Replies
  • 23 Replies
  • What Should A Muslim's Approach Be Towards Suspicion Of Impurity?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 2 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 23 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 31, 2021 at 5:50 am

One should check before prayer, but if someone doubts frequently, mostly it is not real, and one should ignore such doubts, or they overpower mind.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member December 31, 2021 at 6:57 am

JazakAllah Dr. Irfan Shehzad. And if I don’t doubt having emitted any impurity, am I still obliged to check before each prayer?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 31, 2021 at 9:48 am

I advised you to ignore them. This is the way to cure this problem. Such apprehensions happen to some people, but these are just baseless. Ignore them and you will feel relieved.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member December 31, 2021 at 11:58 am

Okay, JazakAllah, Dr. Irfan Shahzad. I will do my best to ignore them.

But I mean for someone who does not have doubts frequently, are they obligated to check for impurity before each prayer even if they do not have suspicions that they emitted impurity?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 2, 2022 at 5:35 am

No. When there is need only then one should check.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member January 11, 2022 at 7:49 pm

Asalamualaikum Dr. Irfan Shahzad,

If someone notices impurity on their clothing, are they obligated to repeat all the prayers that they performed since they last checked for impurity on these clothes?

JazakAllah

• Haseeb Faisal

Member January 28, 2022 at 8:50 am

Dr. Irfan Shahzad, I know you said I should ignore my doubts and I will focus on doing that. But in ordinary circumstances, if a person doubts that they have dropped urine and waits until before prayer to see if this is true, isn’t it possible that the urine will have dried up in their trousers by then? For example, if 30 minutes have passed between this doubt and the before prayer.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 1, 2022 at 3:56 am

To repeat the missed prayer in such case is not necessary.

and doubts obligate nothing.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member February 1, 2022 at 3:29 pm

JazakAllah Dr. Irfan Shahzad. And if ignore my doubts but happen to notice that there was impurity on me later on when I have already performed prayer, do I need to repeat the prayer in this case? What if time still remains for prayer?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 3, 2022 at 3:04 am

If time is there, one must repeat the prayer.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member February 4, 2022 at 8:20 pm

But Dr. Irfan Shahzad, what if the impurity got there sometime after I already prayed but before I checked?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 5, 2022 at 10:38 pm

It is your knowledge or guess to see if you had said your prayer before or after that. and if time is there, you can repeat the prayer and if not, no need to repeat.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member February 5, 2022 at 10:48 pm

JazakAllah Dr. Irfan Shahzad. So if my guess is that I said my prayer before impurity got on me, then that means I don’t need to repeat prayer even if there is still time before that prayer ends. Correct?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 5, 2022 at 10:55 pm

of course

• Haseeb Faisal

Member February 5, 2022 at 11:09 pm

Okay JazakAllah! It is clear now.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member April 3, 2022 at 4:06 pm

Asalamualaikum Dr. Irfan Shahzad,

In one of your replies, you mentioned that “doubts obligate nothing”. So, on this basis, I don’t understand why a person would be obliged to check for impurity prior to prayer on the basis of suspicion?

Shouldn’t they just ignore any such suspicions unless they notice something in the natural course of events.

JazakAllah

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 4, 2022 at 12:44 am

No one said a person is obliged to check for impurity prior to prayer without any reason.

Yes you are right, he that one should ignore such suspicions unless one notice something in natural course of events

• Haseeb Faisal

Member April 4, 2022 at 11:00 am

JazakAllah Dr. Irfan Shahzad,

Yes, that makes sense. I was just getting confused, since you said that one should check when there is a need prior to prayer. Because if one is certain that they’ve emitted impurity, then there shouldn’t even be need to check for impurity. And if they aren’t sure that they’ve emitted then they would be acting on suspicion and doubt.

Do you mind clarifying what you meant that one should check when there is a need before prayer? I’m really sorry I keep asking you questions, I just want to make sure that I am acting as I should be.

JazakAllah for all your help!

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 5, 2022 at 2:46 am

for example if one wakes up and thought to have a wet dream

• Haseeb Faisal

Member April 5, 2022 at 3:51 pm

So in this case, will the person be obligated to check even though they are not sure?

The thing is, I try to make decisions based off certainty right now. Because when I begin to give into doubts, it makes me really restless. I spend lots of time checking for impurity and feel really unclean as a result. This is why I was thinking that a person wouldn’t have to check for impurity necessarily. But if they notice something then only they would have to clean it up. But it seems that there are circumstances where a person should check.

For example, especially when I’m using the bathroom, I get worried about spreading impurity that cannot be washed by normal washing. However, I ignore these things unless I am 100% certain there is impurity. This makes me feel a lot more relieved.

Do you have any thoughts?

JazakAllah

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 6, 2022 at 12:08 am

yes, after normal washing, the doubts does not necessitate to check for impurity. they must be ignored.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member April 16, 2022 at 9:33 pm

But I always have doubts of madhi and wet dreams. Is there anything specifically that I should keep in mind before needing to check?

JazakAllah

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 18, 2022 at 3:50 am

just don’t follow the doubt.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register