Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam How To Know If Your Prayers Are Being Accepted?

Tagged: ,

• How To Know If Your Prayers Are Being Accepted?

Posted by Sarim Rehan on January 1, 2022 at 10:50 am

Asalamualaikum.

Is there any thing such as “unaccepted prayer”? I’ve learned and heard from many preachers and teachers that if you don’t stop committing a certain sin, it probably indicates that your prayers are not being accepted. If i were to examplify myself, I do some sins knowing full well that they are exceeding the Merciful’s limits but I am also penitent and hopeful that one day i will leave that sin once it for all. Whilst indulged in that sin, is it true that the prayers i offer are not being accepted? to be honest, part of the reason why i pray is also because i want the help of Almighty himself to provide for me a way out from the un abstain able sin that i am stuck in. The thought that i am guarding my prayers for nothing really makes me hopeless at times.

Umer replied 2 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • How To Know If Your Prayers Are Being Accepted?

Umer updated 2 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Umer

Moderator January 1, 2022 at 8:11 pm

If one is offering their Salah with pure and good intentions of praying in front of their lord and have filfilled all the requirements of Salah e.g. Wuzu/Ghusl etc., then there is no reason to assume that one’s prayers are not being accepted.

It is mentioned in Quran that Salah stops one from indulging in Sins (because of a constant reminder), however, this doesn’t mean that because of Salah, one will never indulge in a sin ever in their life. Salah serves as a reminder, but to refrain from sins has to do with one’s own freewill.

Please also refer to the folllwing response by Ghamidi Shaab:

Discussion 59698 • Reply 59710

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register