Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Morality And Slaughtering Of Animals

• Morality And Slaughtering Of Animals

Posted by Khizar Ali Shah on January 3, 2022 at 9:31 am

AOA!

With due respect i want to ask that ….Allah has allowed us to eat meat….

But form an ethiest perspective :

Isnt it mortality and bad to kill innocent animals for just the sake of food while we can just eat vegetables and fruits….

As plannts dont feel pain AS they a dont have a nervous system and animals fo.?

Thank you

Khizar

Faisal Haroon replied 1 year, 3 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Morality And Slaughtering Of Animals

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 3, 2022 at 11:20 am

Plants and trees are as alive as animals. There’s no question of morality in slaughtering animals especially when we have been granted this permission by the Creator of this universe. If such a moral question does arise, then it equally applies to plants and trees as well.

Please see this article by Alana Schetzer at the University of Melbourne, titled “Plants Have Feelings Too

• Khizar Ali Shah

Member January 21, 2022 at 2:09 pm

I am a muslim…and i do believe in the commandments of ALLAH ….it just a question asked by some ethiests…….as you said that plant feel too so i am going to juat say that they dont feel pain as they dont have a central nervous system as we have….they dont have neurons ….like us and animals

• Umer

Moderator January 3, 2022 at 10:08 pm

Please also refer to the following response by Ghamidi Sahab:

Discussion 1585

• Sameer Namole

Member December 2, 2022 at 8:14 am

Hello sir AoA

By what I have understood by this is :

– We eat animals only because God has permitted it. Like if God wouldn’t have permitted it, there was NO reason for us that we could slaughter them. Am I right? Because we kill them by taking name of God in it.

Is my understanding of this subject right?

2) If God wouldn’t permit it, we could not have even used them for taking milk or other purposes like travelling etc. Is this conclusion right?

3) Lastly, for a person who doesn’t believe in God, let’s say for example that they are atheists, for them, as they don’t believe in God and thus in his books, killing or eating animals go against PRINCIPLES. Yes they may eat it but principally it seems wrong as they don’t believe animals are God’s creatures.

Is this assumption right?

Sorry for typos and lengthy question, thank you for your assistance.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 2, 2022 at 2:26 pm

In summary, the point that we must understand is that life is sacred but God has granted us the permission to take the lives of certain animals for our own consumption. Without God’s permission there is no moral basis for it.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register