Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Casual Jewelry Vs. Formal Adornment On The Chest Area Of A Female

Tagged: , ,

• Casual Jewelry Vs. Formal Adornment On The Chest Area Of A Female

Posted by Habiba Zafar on January 5, 2022 at 4:10 am

Assalam O Alaikum

In accordance to Surah Noor we have to cover our bossoms … but i do see women around me…some of my family memebers and some of my aunts and teachers who do wear their necklaces with wearibg hijab…i have provided some pictures just to clarify that its not only me who is having some issues in this modern society…you know in pakistan we have inherited some customs and traditions from india…and we really love to wear jewelery…and when we go iut we wear hijab and jewlery on the same time…our niyyah is not of attracting men but we want to somehow have a balanced approach in life in which we can wear some jewelery like hands wrists and long necklaces…its like a part of our culture…so some how are we given the concession of wering it? OR we have to hide it as a compulsion… do we have to hide this necklace even though we are covering our neck with hijab and only the long chain is prominent…and also the dress is loose and modest…stopping myself from wearong jewelery some how makes me a bit burdened…as almost every woman around me is wearing jewelery(long necklaces) with hijab on the head covering their necks….can we really consider this to be cultural and given a concession in this regard…?

I sometimes see hijabi brides and they aur also wearing jewelery with hijab on…atoeast in pakistan nowadays it is impossible to avoid na mehrams in any gathering…even if in marriage halls we separate men and women we have male waiters in the women’s hall …and at the end of the wedding for photography the men from the men side come to females side of marriage hall for photography with bride nad groom …so how can even a bride hide jewelery at that time…

All my discussion is really surrounding a single question that

Can we consider wearing such a jewelery as trafition and culture and given a bit concession on islamic principles if the women i that area are soo used to it and stopping them might cause a burden on them…as getting ready and being presentible is in their nature…?

Umer replied 11 months, 3 weeks ago 4 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • Casual Jewelry Vs. Formal Adornment On The Chest Area Of A Female

Umer updated 11 months, 3 weeks ago 4 Members · 13 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 5, 2022 at 5:25 am

Separation of men and women is never purpose of Shariah. All it says to interact in a decent fashion with each other.

It is in fact the special adornment which is supposed to cause extra attention towards women. on the same principle, the sounding jewellery is allowed to wear, but to stomp feet in an unusual fashion is forbidden as it raises extra attention in men.

Casual adornment does not cause extra attention, it can be allowed. Now it is the person and the culture to decide what is casual and what is formal adornment.

• Habiba Zafar

Member January 5, 2022 at 5:30 am

JazakAllahu Khair brother!

• Habiba Zafar

Member January 5, 2022 at 9:08 am

Brother just one more question

Even though if we wear some casual jewelery or have embellishments on the chest area(bossoms specifically) which beautifies us …even though it is casual but still we will have to cover it according to Surah noor ayah 31…Right…?

• Habiba Zafar

Member January 8, 2022 at 3:27 am

Assalam O Alaikum

Brother…it would be a favour…please do confirm me that if we wear a casual adornment but it beautifies us (specially the breast area) like some low hanging necklaces or anything of this sort do we have to hide it as according to Surah noor we should cover our bossoms when adorned … even though i mentioned CASUAL ADORNMENT but still it beautifies in such a way that it causes attention of non mehrams…

• Umer

Moderator January 8, 2022 at 3:36 am

As per Irfan Sahab, casual adornment does not cause extra attention, it can be allowed. Now it is the person and the culture to decide what is casual and what is formal adornment.

• Habiba Zafar

Member January 8, 2022 at 3:41 am

But brother it is really difficult to identify what is casual and what is formal…

I humbly request you to please mention some criterias of some adornment to be classified as

“Casual adornment”…i will be extremely greatful…

• Umer

Moderator January 8, 2022 at 3:48 am

If you’re wearing something in a day to day life e.g. a small chain or small nacklace or something similar as part of your daily life both at home and outside, that would be considered as casual adornment. But If you have to adorn yourself specifically for an event or to go outside, that would be considered as formal adornment.

• Habiba Zafar

Member January 8, 2022 at 3:49 am

Thank you sooo much…brother i cant thank you enough for the comfort you gave me through this reply…may Allah(SWT) reward you and all the people doing such a good job…JazakAllahu Khair Brother…

• Habiba Zafar

Member January 8, 2022 at 4:45 am

Brother ..the picture i droped her is from the series of ghamidhi uncle about parda and its part 12…here he explains Allah commands about women in Surah Noor…and he explains that Allah commands to conceal the ornaments around the chest…where he also explains that sahabiyaats when heard about this ayyah they quickly covered their chests as some of them were wearing jewlery/ornaments around chest….But as Dr irrfan has said and you also told the caual adornments needs not be hidden if worn on daily basis …so doesn’t it meanthat even if sahabiyaats were wearing CASUAL ADORNMENTS around necks/chest area but they still covered them after this command of Allah …so we should also cover our casual adornments around neck…?

You may also listen to this part where ghamidhi uncle says it…its part 1w about parda somewhere in between 6:00-10:00 mins of the video

• Umer

Moderator January 8, 2022 at 9:21 pm

One thing is law which as per Quran dictates that adornment (zeenat) of chest needs to be hidden. Now what comes under Zeenat is a question of culture and decision of the person based on her culture.

Second thing is achieving more piety by being more sensitive towards Quran’s directive and hiding even casual ornaments on chest area which may or may not fall under formal adornment in a particular culture.

• Habiba Zafar

Member January 8, 2022 at 4:46 am

Here*^

• Mohammad Hasan

Member April 7, 2023 at 4:03 am

Jaise dulhan h jo zewraat phir h to kya wo bhi apne zewrat chupaye ya wo alag baithe chupke aur agr aur to me h to bhai koi dikkat mtlb wo apne zewrat kaise chupaye

Aur jo khwateen shadi me zewrat phenke to wo apne zewrat kaise chupaye

• Umer

Moderator April 7, 2023 at 8:42 pm

aurton main reh kar un zaiwrat ko chupana zaruri nhi, aur aam tor pai dulhan bh aur baqi khawaten bh aurton main hi aisay zewrat pehan kar aati hain. Aur agar wahan sai baher degar mardon kai samnay sai guzarna hoo toh aik chadar aurhi jaa sakti hai jis sai un zaiwart ko chupaya jaa sakta hai.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register